Monteros on craigslist

rock_shoes

Observer
Selling a perfectly good Montero to buy a minivan? I think that seller needs his head examined.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mapper

Explorer
I was looking at a Gen 2 in the junkyard the other day. Thinking about pulling a solid mast antenna. I happened to look at the odometer. 334k. Granted, this was in the JY. Regardless, someone had pulled the motor. I think it was 93 with the 3.0

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Cheap truck challenge, if anyone wants my 1998 Montero cheap shoot me a PM. Runs drives and passes emmisions, everything works except it's missing a turn signal. 3.5 SOHC LS model (non locking rear diff).
Just drove it on a 400 mile trip into the mountains and got 21mpg. Restored salvage title 140k miles
Located in Mesa Az
1203141304.jpg
1203141304a.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Man, if that had a locker, I'd be all over it.

EDIT: You seem pretty handy with mechanical know-how....If I drove my 98 with a locker to your house, would you be willing to swap axels and whatever else is needed into your white one?

Toasty

Probably, there is also an abundance of 4.63 locking axle sets around these parts. But if you're gonna make me do more stuff it's money :) i'm reasonable

Toasty

Meh 1700 or so. It looks decent and runs and drives great but it's had a rough life before i got it. It needs a turn signal, body lift, some monster tires and to have the $#!T wheeled out of it. (That's what Monteros crave)

MascotRejct

Adventurer
Cheap truck challenge, if anyone wants my 1998 Montero cheap shoot me a PM. Runs drives and passes emmisions, everything works except it's missing a turn signal. 3.5 SOHC LS model (non locking rear diff).
Just drove it on a 400 mile trip into the mountains and got 21mpg. Restored salvage title 140k miles
Located in Mesa Az
View attachment 258748
View attachment 258749

Mesa? Whereabouts? I used to live at Crismon and Southern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior