Monteros on craigslist

TheMole

Adventurer
I watched that episode of Top Gear US and remember Tanner Foust putting a beating on it throughout the trails. I would be surprised if it didn't need some tlc.

plh

Explorer
I wonder if it is front and rear ARB locker. If it is, this is a great buy even needing some TLC.

Eric M

Adventurer
First one needs an M/C and brake booster, according to the owner. I never got around to checking it out to see if there was any significant rust on it from the brake fluid. Second one isn't a winter package truck, so anyone interested should remember that does not have the rear locker. The last one is a scam, that guy has been posting that same 20th Anniversary picture for months now. Not sure who he's trying to scam with that.

BOPOH

Explorer
wow first time i see a person offering warranty. Personally i'm always wonder why mechanic is selling a truck/car, maybe it's good now but he knows something that's going to brake bad. Other than that i like the truck and would buy it

Eric M

Adventurer
Same scam as I posted about in post #488. Always around 2,000 dollars and always using the same photo with no contact information other than an email.

BOPOH

Explorer
what are you talking about? totally different truck and photos with actual phone number, i'm not saying it's not a scam but i see nothing similar to post #488

Eric M

Adventurer
It's the same photo one guy has been using ads being posted all over the country and the same description. The only new addition in that ad is a phone number. I've seen posts in my area, southeast US, and in California using that picture during my search a 2003-4 Montero. If it is legit, he's having a surprisingly hard time selling a decent looking 3rd gen for 2 grand.

Bdiddy11

Adventurer
The guy selling the $2000 Monty isn't just trying to sell that... saw a few other "nice" cars posted for the same price.

Anywho... find some more Monties! There's a few Gen 3's on KSL.com for 4-6k. And a few in the Inland Empire region in Cali, Gen 2.5's.

KyleT

Explorer
Yes to more, I am looking for a decent 03-06 limited that's not black or gold. And has sunroof... And isn't 10k...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94