Monteros on craigslist

RU55ELL

Explorer
Used car lots are proud of their stock. Individual in most case have a better priced vehicle.

Indeed. Dealers think they can get close to book price on everything. I'd be willing to be if you did a CarFax check on most of the ones at the dealers, you would find that they have been traded a few times at the auctions.

Senor Carey

Observer
I looked at and test drove this one. Not too bad. The owner claimed that a shock was bad in the front suspension, so it had a very raked looked. It smoked after idling a while. There is a plastic radiator of unknown vintage, but looks to be within a couple of years old.

It hasn't been registered since '10, so I don't know how the owner claims he went back and forth from AZ, NV, an CA in it. Perhaps I misunderstood him. Paint was faded on hood. Not much rust. Interior was decent, but there were a lot of rattles. My wife drove it, I didn't. She said that it accelerated, braked, drove fine.

All of that being said, I'm still looking for a GEN 2.5 or 3 (now) in the PHX area. So if anybody knows of one or is selling, please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles