Monteros on craigslist

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Not so much a thing as an irritation. The material used on the side panel of the seat right above the power seat control switch on a Limited/leather seems to wear/create a tear due to getting in/out and constant compression of the seat.

It appears to me that the less used/nicer condition limited models either don't have the tear yet or have had it properly repaired already.

Mine for example has a break in the material, and lots of wear on top of the armrest. I have a replacement matching armrest yet to be installed. Factory leather in the Montero is nice when new, but not the best for long lasting quality.

I replaced our '03 Sport's factory leather with a Katzkin kit, amazing difference, well worth the cost, better than new inside.

Here's an example on a '02:
http://greenville.craigslist.org/ctd/5902166421.html

Last edited:

MitsyMonty

This is what I'm looking at in the morning

Let me know how it goes, I am also looking for a 3rd gen Monty in Seattle area.

I've been searching for the right one for a couple months now and everything I've found is either completely used/abused or strongly overpriced, often both.

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
If this was your candidate, I too liked how it looked and the story, long ownership. If the service history is as advertised, could be a good truck. Seems the owner knows what he has, that is not a bad thing. Many times we try to save $ 500-$ 1,500 or so on the purchase only to spend it soon after, making necessary repairs. Paying a premium up front for the well-maintained truck can yield benefits that last.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/5851033568.html
With the driver's seat wear, I would guess maybe more local miles, frequent stops/in and out of vehicle, as opposed to high highway miles? Of course it is the best color Sudan beige metallic?

Has the factory lighted step running boards, premium package includes rear heat/air, auto climate control, and I think power passenger seat? Note you also have a tow hitch, and the weather tech rear compartment mat.

Maybe a good local interior shop could make a repair to the seat, as the rest of the truck looks pretty good. A real detail job on the inside would make night and day difference. Enjoy the heated seats and that awesome electronic traction control. About the only thing you could add would be the factory DVD player from a junkyard.

Here's a good review of the '03 although Canadian:
http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/test-drive-2003-mitsubishi-montero-limited/

Good Luck!

1morebike

Adventurer
Yeah that's the one. It's not perfect needs a few things and the price is high but being that my 1990 is pretty much a giant smoking paper weight and my wife is getting a little sick of driving me to work it's what I'm going with. Hope it works out.

ha! you got ur new rig, now theres no reason to get shut of the gen1
head gasket is one busy day of work and 3 days down if the head shop can get ur finished heads back to u.in that time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior