Monteros on craigslist

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Maybe others will chime in, (or this discussion may belong elsewhere), but with a reasonable service history, don't fear high miles on a Montero.

When I was concerned about engine issues a couple of years back on our '03 Sport with the 3.5L, I consulted one of the sharpest Mitsu dealer mechanics I could find. He spoke of the high nickel content in the engine blocks and assured me making the proper repairs was the way to go. I'm glad I did, because it really runs great now, and based on other owner reports, I have no fear of keeping both of these vehicles a long time (as far as mechanicals go).

Here's an example, a Mitsubishi dealer in Gainesville Georgia is bold enough to inventory, and market this '95 SR with 296,000 miles. You would think most new car dealers would instantly wholesale a vehicle like this not matter how nice it was.
http://www.carriagemitsubishi.com/inventory/1995-mitsubishi-montero-sr-3-5l-4-dr-ja4mr51m4sj026064

The red 2003 Limited posted above in Fountain Inn, SC didn't advertise miles, but the brake pedal wear picture said "a lot" however, the cosmetic condition looked really good in the pictures.

What say you experienced owners in the peanut gallery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior