Husqvarna TR 650 Terra

haven

Expedition Leader
Swedish motorcycle firm Husqvarna has a long and distinguished participation in off-road racing. For example, Husqvarna machines won the Baja 1000 rally 11 times in the first 16 years the race was held.

BMW has owned Husqvarna since 2007. These days, Husqvarna produces sport models based on BMW designs.

The most recent product of this relationship is the Husqvarna TR 650 Terra, which is based on the single cylinder water cooled BMW G 650 GS. The Terra gets a hot-rod version of the 654 cc motor, producing 10 hp more than the BMW. The press release says the Terra will weigh about 410 lb ready to ride, and will return better than 70 miles per USA gallon.

The Terra is definitely coming to USA. Here's a press photo of the bike:

Husq-TR650-Terra.jpg

Read more here
http://www.scribd.com/doc/99855537/Husqvarna-TR-650-Strada-Terra-en-Attachment-192929

Clutch

<---Pass
Yawn.

The TE610/630 were adventure ready dirt bikes. This is just a BMW Dakar with red plastics.

Yep...BNG more or less...

Seems like BMW is just diluting the Husky lineup, instead of improving it. The only decent bike is their 250/310 4T.

Just about all of the manufactures are giving us half baked re-dos of existing models. While I know there is
some utter disdain towards KTM by some people, but they are the only ones that keeps on refining and innovating their
products.

Honda really needs to bring back an updated chassis and fuel injected version of the XR650R.

zolo

Explorer
Just about all of the manufactures are giving us half baked re-dos of existing models. While I know there is
some utter disdain towards KTM by some people, but they are the only ones that keeps on refining and innovating their
products.

Honda really needs to bring back an updated chassis and fuel injected version of the XR650R.

X2..
I agree about KTM as well.
And if Honda updated the XR that would be a great reliable middle weight bike. They are awesome now but could be even better.

Clutch

<---Pass
And if Honda updated the XR that would be a great reliable middle weight bike. They are awesome now but could be even better.

Honda arguably has the best R&D department among the manufactures, that could build dirt machines on par or even better than KTM...

...instead Honda gives us the NC700X...

I am sure it is a fine bike and all, not very off pavement orientated IMO.
Shouldn't be classified as an adventure bike, sport tourer is more like it.

Price point is spot on though.

http://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure.aspx

The pipe is just begging to be ripped off...

Honda-NC700x-6.jpg

Last edited:

zolo

Explorer
...instead Honda gives us the NC700X...

I am sure it is a fine bike and all, not very off pavement orientated IMO.
Shouldn't be classified as an adventure bike, sport tourer is more like it.

Price point is spot on though.

http://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure.aspx

The pipe is just begging to be ripped off...

View attachment 111914

Price point is one thing but that is one ugly bike!!!
I'm confused at who Honda is focusing on to try and sell this beast to? Its likely terrible off road, even a dirt road would be boring on this bike.
The on road set up doesn't appeal to me at all either.
No wind screen, what appears to be a low seat and cramped leg area.. What is going on over at Honda?

tist tist.... not for me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles