Garmin Glo GPS

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
If you already have an iPad just get the GLO. A very solid and reliable combination. Haven't found a reason to look for anything else.

G_fresh

Adventurer
We've been using the GLO for a few trips now. Here's my quick review:

The GLO has connection issues with our iPad2 about 1/10th the time of the Dual. But, we're always able to get it to connect after a power cycle. With the Dual, it would sometimes not reconnect after screwing around with it for 15 minutes. The next day it would eventually reconnect. The GLO does connect with our iPhone5's fine as well.

It seems accurate and maybe a bit faster to acquire a GPS signal.

The power button does get inadvertently turned on in our luggage due to the easy to actuate power button. Since we only really bought it for our dash, this is not a huge issue for us.

We did forget to turn it off one night and the GLO battery died. When I attempted to recharge it, the GLO was non responsive (i.e. no charging LED or ON LED). So, I thought it was dead. A few days later, I decided to pop out the battery and inspect it. Nothing apparent was wrong with it. I popped the battery back in and it charged up when the USB was reconnected.

All in all, it is still better than the Dual, but not yet approaching perfect...

kingg5

Adventurer
cant wait to hear the reviews on here using it with wifi only ipad. I have the original ipad wifi and this would be so awesome to use as a gps on those forest service roads here in bc

dirtyjeep

I have an iPad air ram mount set up. Need a GPS receiver that will connect to ipad and track my location on my topos. Obviously not using wifi cause your usually out of range in bush. Will this work. I don't need wifi ? Correct?

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I have an iPad air ram mount set up. Need a GPS receiver that will connect to ipad and track my location on my topos. Obviously not using wifi cause your usually out of range in bush. Will this work. I don't need wifi ? Correct?
Yep, use it with iPad 2 and Trimble Outdoors Pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles