Selling my winch bumper

BurbanAZ

Explorer
id like to put it on my 6.5 but i worry about not having those holes in the bumper for air flow like the diesels have. I thought about running some kind of scoop to get the air up there but im not sure

FellowTraveler

Explorer
id like to put it on my 6.5 but i worry about not having those holes in the bumper for air flow like the diesels have. I thought about running some kind of scoop to get the air up there but im not sure

This kind of air intake below my bumper is what is needed.1999 k2500 Burb 016.jpg
I have since modified lower after-cooler air dam by attaching it further back to pull air from behind after cooler, the air intake just below bumper has been enlarged too, then fender vents and now working on reverse hood scoop above air-box and hood vents just behind radiator shroud.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
i thought about doing a scoop under the bumper to direct air up like that. I took the bumper off my old suburban and its just sitting in the garage and everytime i see it i think more about just modifying it to work lol. FellowTraveler, do you have the winch on top of the bumper or inside? I worry that with the winch on top of the bumper blocking some of the radiator and no holes it would just be too much to make up for. What is that cooler cooling? Do you have any more pics of your truck FellowTraveler? sounds like you have alot of stuff id like to get. Its hard starting over on another truck after doing quite a bit to my last suburban. It will be worth it though to have the diesel.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
WARN Classic Bumper

Some shots of my bumper by WARN not made anymore a shame it was popular.
1999 k2500 Burb 013.jpg1999 k2500 Burb 014.jpg1999 k2500 Burb 017.jpg:ylsmoke:

I'm guessing it would be easy to mod your bumper to install the winch inside by cutting out the area at top and between the frame rails say 26.5"+-, then cut for fair lead.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
i like the WARN bumper i havent seen it before. Was it actually made for full size chevys? I cant really mod mine because i made a sub frame on the inside that is pretty thick so there isnt any room to put the winch inside. I think ill just make a new one and put the winch inside and make a scoop for air flow plus ill have the radiator completely open without the winch there.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
i like the WARN bumper i havent seen it before. Was it actually made for full size chevys?

WARN made them for many years for full sized chevy/gmc, ford, dodge etc.. They can be found on e-bay or CL as one forum member recently found one I'm thinking its a Tahoe owner forget which one though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles