Help needed with Jeep JK Storage Drawers

Minx

I have a 2011 Jeep JK and looking to install storage drawers. So far the ARB units seem the best, well made, covered in industrial carpet and they look good. Unfortunately the sizes they make will not fit my trunk. I have my onboard compressor on the inside of the tail gate which takes up about 6-7 inches of the trunk space. There is no room anywhere to relocate the compressor and ARB will not make custom sizes. I've looked at other solutions from Tuffy, Smittybuilt, etc but their sizes won't fit either and in my opinion they are not as good as ARB. The only thing I can think of is to cut down the ARB units but I don't believe I could do it successfully without butchering the drawers. They have to be shorter (the length from the rear seats to the tailgate), to allow the tailgate with the compressor to close. I don't want to go to a timber or plastic solution.

Does anyone know where I can get quality custom drawers made to specific dimentions ?

Here are the ARB drawers that I like (not my Jeep).

ARBDrawers-2.jpg

This is my compressor mounted on the tailgate.

Compressor-1.jpg

Compressor with it's enclosure.

EnclosedCompressor.jpg

Trillium

Hi Minx. Adventure Trailers has a fantastic line of drawer systems and they also do custom work. They are the best in the business! They should be able to meet just about any design need you have. Workmanship, design and materials are the best.

Minx

Hi Minx. Adventure Trailers has a fantastic line of drawer systems and they also do custom work. They are the best in the business! They should be able to meet just about any design need you have. Workmanship, design and materials are the best.

Thank you very much. I do know them but didn't think they did custom work. I'll give them a call.

Thanks again !!!

Trillium

Minx, AT website states a minimum order of five drawers for custom work. Might give them a call anyway. Very nice set up you are working on.

csjk

I have a feeling that you don't want to relocate your compressor, but if you are ok with it, you can fit your entire compressor (without air tank) in the hidden cavity behind your right tail light in a JK. Tight fit, but it works. I've seen a fews threads (here and jkowners I believe) if you are interested. Pretty slick.

terleira

Observer
I have that exact configuration. Except my ARB fridge is at the right.

Why dont you just get the original stuff instead of building and invent everything again? These are great and look great.

You will have to move the compressor though and i sugest you get some new springs in your suspension. Stronger ones to carry the extra weight.

Here's mine:

11736010.jpg

93400110.jpg

screwball48

Explorer
What about the new company that is doing storage solutions. It is called Goose Gear. Look in the toyota section for Dave Bennett's (tacodoc) thread.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
You're going to be better off moving the compressor. That's a strange place for a compressor with all the vibration. You could even mount it to the drawers, or in the engine bay.

gmwelder86

Adventurer
I would move the compressor to somewhere a little more out of the way. Could easily get a typical drawer set up that mount the compressor under the roll bar in the truck area with a little bit a bracket work. Compressor on one side tank on the other. Would clear up a lot of usable space. As we all know storage space is a premium in jeeps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles