vintage kamp kitchen made in joplin missouri

rtduckie

just found this jewel at a flea market yesterday,i can't find out much info about it,but found an old post on this site that says its burner is butane fuel. i'd like to convert it to propane and wondered if that would take a trip to the local farm store for some fittings.its basically an aluminum box that unfolds on each side, has all the utensils and plates, a coffee pot, and the cookstove.thanks for any info.

ssssnake529

Explorer
I have one and love it. Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (who is likely the world's expert on these Kamp Kitchns) converted it to use modern propane cylinders. It works, but the old propane burners are not as efficient as modern burners. The whole thing is wonderfully designed, however, so putting up with sub-par stove performance may be worth it. (Or you can just replace the burner side with modern stove parts.)

Kurt: You need to step up with the modern Kruiser Kitchn. I'll buy 2.

7595392606_ae83232df6_c.jpg

Last edited:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I'll bet that if you just clean it up carefully and put it on e bay, some collectors will snap it up, $100+. It may be kerosen (I didn't get to your link). We had one in the 60s. I believe the company went out of business in Joplin in the late 60s and as I recall was going to be part of Coleman out of Witchataw Ks, not sure 100%. It originally hand cups, utencils, plates, salt and pepper shaker, can/bottle opener.

I'd list it with what is there, unless you just want to keep and use it...... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz