Apple has to Apologize for being cloned by Samsung

nwoods

Expedition Leader
In what I think is a ridiculous ruling, a UK judge is forcing Apple to post an add on their website for 6 months stating that Samsung did not clone the iPad.

The Joy of Tech website has a funny idea for what that add might look like:
1717.gif

Why do I think this is ridiculous? Exhibit A:
tablets-before-and-after-ipad.jpg

762X39

Explorer
Sucks to be them... It's funny how the before pictures have some rugged tablets whereas the after has crappy non-rugged tablets. The ipad guy in our shop regrets the non-rugged features of his toy while those of us that chose Toughbooks (and I see they now have Toughpads) don't regret anything. Sometimes, longevity trumps cool. Just saying...:coffee:

trekrem

Sorry, but that last image is nonsense, those tablets are simply picked and chosen for the purpose. I can show you MANY brand new tablets that still look like the "Before iPad" tablets.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Considering it was designed by Microsoft. It would failed miserably. Crashed, froze, and who knows what else. And as far as the tough books being bad *** tough. Look up about the iPad that fell from a moving jet and worked perfectly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CaliMobber

Adventurer
post anything with the word crashing after and google will have a million topic on it.

Ipad still more reliable than android, thats just a result of the open and free operating system world. what makes it awesome makes it worse at the same time.

Apple revolutionized the phone tablet world no denying that one.

post anything with the word crashing after and google will have a million topic on it.

Ipad still more reliable than android, thats just a result of the open and free operating system world. what makes it awesome makes it worse at the same time.

Apple revolutionized the phone tablet world no denying that one.

Unless you want to do something with the Ipad that Apple doesnt approve of

reece146

Automotive Artist
These devices are appliances.

I'm as interested in "modding" them to do something there were not meant to do as I am interested in modding my fridge or my toilet.

Turn it on - it works. Yay!

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Sweet :) what does that prove?

It proves what I've said all along - including the 12 years I worked in IT...

It's ALL JUNK.

Oh, there is some pretty cool hardware out there, but the state of the art in today's software is crap.

Wolfram Alpha is working on trying to move software into the 21st Century...but you still can't TALK to the stupid idiot thing. And please, don't even mention that POS Siri. That thing has an IQ of about 3. On a good day.

It's not going to get better really, until we can start moving away from these dickheaded register/stack-based processors and start using ANNs.

Until then, everyone else can argue over Ford vs. Chevy until they are blue in the face, and I'll just laugh and laugh, because to me, even the hottest stuff on the market looks like:

quadbig.jpg

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
It proves what I've said all along - including the 12 years I worked in IT...

It's ALL JUNK.

Oh, there is some pretty cool hardware out there, but the state of the art in today's software is crap.

Wolfram Alpha is working on trying to move software into the 21st Century...but you still can't TALK to the stupid idiot thing. And please, don't even mention that POS Siri. That thing has an IQ of about 3. On a good day.

It's not going to get better really, until we can start moving away from these dickheaded register/stack-based processors and start using ANNs.

Until then, everyone else can argue over Ford vs. Chevy until they are blue in the face, and I'll just laugh and laugh, because to me, even the hottest stuff on the market looks like:

View attachment 167073

I know for a fact the the Mac I bought 4 years ago is leaps and bounds better than previously owned PCs and the ones I work on in a daily bases. Our ITs at my work are all converting over to owning a Mac. They are far more stable and reliable than and Windows's os out there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles