Titan To The Tundra

crossbowme

I know this will get a laugh but here goes - I live in South China (Maine that is) and I'm on my way to the Arctic Ocean. Just think of it, from South China to the Arctic!

Anyhow, I retire on the last day of July and set off for the Arctic on the first of August in my trusty '11 Titan PRO-4x (pictures to follow). In preparation for this day I have installed an ARB bumper, Warn 12000# winch, Lightforce driving lights, Rocky Road sliders, custom skid plates, upgraded shocks and Michelin LTX AT2 tires (E rated) in my truck. At first I planned on pulling a trailer but decided to drop the trailer and load everything in my truck. I dumped the back seat so I can sleep there when I leave Fairbanks and head to Prudhoe Bay. I have a tent for when I stay in campgrounds but will use the truck to sleep in once on the Haul Road to the Arctic. No sense tempting the Brown Bears! On the way up to the Arctic Ocean I plan on fishing and doing some remote scenic camera shoots.

Once leaving the Arctic I'll fish my way down to the Denali National Park and then on to Anchorage. Here my wife Leslie meets me and we then do the tourist thing. We have rented a nice house north of Anchorage and will use that as our base of operations until she leaves. Then I wind my way back thru western Canada/US and then home - but more about that later. The whole trip will take 6-8 weeks.

Anyhow, I plan to post here routinely and submit as many pictures I can.

98roamer

Explorer
Sounds like a great plan, looking forward to your reports along the way. Any one reason why you're not bring a trailer? My wife would prefer to meant me at the vacation spot also.

crossbowme

Tomorrow starts the loading process. The challenge of course is to load the vehicle so the items used least are in the remote areas of the truck and those used everyday are readily available. I will post pictures and and my loading list at the end of my loading tomorrow.:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne