Not a whole lot to report on Fri/Sat progress, but I did get a little bit done. Yesterday was party night, so no forward progress there. Today we had a yard sale in the AM that killed most of the day but raised about $150 for the camper fund
I set out tonight to work on the cabinetry to get ready for the counter top fitting. Got the drawer cut out and mounted, and got the face reinforced and the countertop reinforcements installed. The sink came in today as well so we were able to set it in roughly where it's going for a mockup. Once I'm done cutting/fitting it will all get disassembled, screws countersunk, joints glued, sanded, and painted/stained.
Shot from side door.
Approx sink location.
Drawer (minus face, will get a facade to match the existing cabinets).
Drawer open with base mounted slides. A little rubbing to be resolved but seems to work well so far. Like I said earlier, it's just going to be for utensils and such so mounting the slides horizontally should be ok.
Guess that's it for tonight. Plan for tomorrow is to hit up the junkyard for a new hood and then cut some more plywood to cover the hacked up panels where all the holes are now in final prep for the countertop fitting. Think we've decided to go with an edge-glued panel and stain it, rather than go the full granite or laminate counter.
It's getting there. Really frustrating not having access to the tools I really need. A skill saw with a makeshift fence just doesn't replace having a nice table saw . I got spoiled having a wood shop at my disposal for projects like this a long time ago. It's just frustrating knowing you're capable of better given the right tools, but oh well, it gives me a bit more of a challenge. Also, all the lumber so far aside from the one hardwood ply panel has been salvage from previous projects and such, so it hasn't been too hard on the wallet....yet.