The "YesDearIReallyDoNeedAnotherTrailer" Trailer

tclaremont

Observer
Found this on CL, and had to have it. Dimensions are 42 x 48. Full frame.

First order of business was to remove that wood. The supports are aluminum and nice, though.

Secord order of business is to sand off that rattle can paint job, even though it matches the Jeep.

I have a 3500 lb axle that fits perfectly. I have lights. I have reflectors. I have better safety chains. I have new wiring. I have a DA sander.

Recreating this one should be a piece of cake. Was that thunder I just heard?

Newblue1.jpg

Newblue2.jpg

tclaremont

Observer
It was originally a tilt bed trailer. It is now bolted solid, but not welded. For a trailer this small is there ANY advantage to reverting back to a tilt configuration? I am not seeing it, but maybe I am missing something. I figure by the time I put decent size wheels on it the tilt function would be useless.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
It was originally a tilt bed trailer. It is now bolted solid, but not welded. For a trailer this small is there ANY advantage to reverting back to a tilt configuration? I am not seeing it, but maybe I am missing something. I figure by the time I put decent size wheels on it the tilt function would be useless.

Hauling dirt, rock, etc.. you can move it where you want using a truck/tractor and just dump it where you need it. Even with bigger wheels it would work for that. As a camp trailer I can't think of a reason other than making it easy to powerwash out at the local car wash.

tclaremont

Observer
Not sure what they were thinking with those chains. As long as they are, you can't cross them under the tongue like you should. They are history.

tclaremont

Observer
Man I wish stupid was more painful. I started grinding the paint of the tailgate and there are bumper stickers underneath. See all that scale at the bottom of the tailgate in the picture? Came off in seconds with the angle grinder. Perfectly solid metal underneath. This thing will look so much better with just a little common sense and initiative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior