Rickson Wheel Report

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Awesome writeup and it's good to see the truck is treating you well. I had a 2002 F350 powerstroke and the throttle pedal went out on me, but it wasn't a limp type failure like yours, mine was a light switch failure. Literally stopped working while I was driving, I was heading down a pass on I5 in Oregon and when I went to give it fuel, I got nothing. It's always been in the back of my mind with the Chevy, but yours is the only failure I have been able to find. There are numerous LBZ trucks with 500k+ on them and no one ever mentions having to replace the throttle pedal.

Jack

Carlyle

Explorer
Looks like about the same conclusions I came to after running them for several years on my last truck. Good and bad mixed together, but overall worth it for the load capacity and piece of mind of having some serious long lasting rubber underneath.

bob91yj

Resident **************
Awesome writeup and it's good to see the truck is treating you well. I had a 2002 F350 powerstroke and the throttle pedal went out on me, but it wasn't a limp type failure like yours, mine was a light switch failure. Literally stopped working while I was driving, I was heading down a pass on I5 in Oregon and when I went to give it fuel, I got nothing. It's always been in the back of my mind with the Chevy, but yours is the only failure I have been able to find. There are numerous LBZ trucks with 500k+ on them and no one ever mentions having to replace the throttle pedal.

Jack

In almost 9 years at a GMC dealership I think I've seen maybe 3 throttle pedals go out on Dmax trucks, so it does happen but is pretty rare.

FishPOET

Adventurer
TC0913.jpg

When fully loaded my rig runs down the road at 17,000# with 6500# on the rear drive axle.

I switched to Ricksons a few years ago. The handling improvement when loaded was instantly noticeable. The peace of mind G rated tires bring when towing heavy is priceless. I run 90psi on the rear and 80psi on the front. I had them match balanced by Rickson and IMO that made a big difference vs having them balanced locally. I also went with less aggressive offroad tread and more of a highway tread (they are still rated M+S).

Not being able to air down for traction is the only negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior