80 Series Landcruiser Tube Bumper

LCNW

This is a one off at the moment but trying to generate some interest and feedback.

Landcruiser NW
80bumper-1.jpg

fj80bump2-1.jpg

fj80bump1.jpg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Nice work but not a fan of this style bumper on the 80. Front end clearance doesn't appear from the photos to be greater than other offerings.

Sempertoy

Explorer
Clearance is hard to improve because of the AC dryer that hangs down low. If it is relocated, that would make for more clearance. That being said, I'm not a big fan of tube bumpers either but this one looks nice.

LCNW

Im hoping "Wow" is a good thing.:Wow1: We are looking at improving the clearance where we can but its tucked up as tight as it can be with a winch.
The bottom half is actually recessed below the lights. I think the photos make it look like it sticks out further than it does. Thanks for the positive feedback.

shmabs

Explorer
I'm certainly an 80 series newb but...

Looks like a well crafted bumper! Good work on making a tube bumper look good on a 80 series, a side shot would be great to show how far it sticks out.

Also, after looking at your FJ cruiser bumpers, i really like the way you guys use plate and tube together. Not a a lot of fab shops have pulled that off as well as you did.

Mike

Last edited:

LCNW

Great! Thanks for the kind words. Everything is a work in progress. Hopefully more to come.

LCNW

dirtgypsy
Looks nice. I would like to see the main hoop curve around the sides under the front fenders.

So when are you gonna throw the 80 on 35's? I bet within the year.

Shanle929

I know this is an old thread, but whatever happened to this bumper? I really dig it. Did you decide to make them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94