Our Vision for our Chaser

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Let the trailer games begin!

Wheels just arrived..

s6300049gv3.jpg

blupaddler

Conspirator
Why move the second spare to the roof? You take all that weight off the rack and then put more back up there.

If I remember correctly you have a twin Kaymar swing out. Just get the other tire swing out and put them both there. It's not like you need anymore storage areas for gas.:shakin:

Other than that I think your idea looks good.
That and I need to learn Photoshop.

:gunt:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
blupaddler said:
Why move the second spare to the roof? You take all that weight off the rack and then put more back up there.

Well the tire weighs about half of what the tent does.

blupaddler said:
If I remember correctly you have a twin Kaymar swing out. Just get the other tire swing out and put them both there.

Yeah i do, but that would mean i need two new swing outs. They arent identical as the ones i have now. I cannot just order the left handside. They are tighter to the pivot than a standard single. Not to mention they're $450 each.

blupaddler said:
It's not like you need anymore storage areas for gas.:shakin:

Thats a water can with a spout, not fuel. Plus it has a c02 tank mounted to the swing out too. I guess I can move both of those to the trailer.

I'll play with the dual tires on the back idea. Always wanted to do that from the minute i bought the rig. It's just going to cost more than i was planning.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Woa, there is.. and for quite some time it looks like too. Where have i been? How come i was under the impression that the 864 was the beefiest you could get?

05-31-04, 05:49 PM
I see ARB is making a heavier spring for the 80/100 series now, available this month I believe.

The OME868 has the same free height as the current OME864 coil, but is made with 21-mm material instead of 20-mm. This also increases the spring rate on OME868 to 360lbs, where as the OME864 is 320 lbs.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
SOCALFJ said:
Woa, there is..

group buy? :) I don't think I'm as loaded as you; my 864s can handle the weight fine, but they still sag a little more at load than I like. I wonder how much that extra 40lbs/in means in drivability and rate match front/rear?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
group buy lol.. yeah i was wondering the same... about the 40lbs extra cap.

Mine seem fine right now. Stinkbug... until fully loaded and 24 gallon aux full then it sits perfectly level. Now, with the trailer we should be the same because i'll take some of that gear weight out fo the cruiser and move it into the chaser.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
SOCALFJ said:
05-31-04, 05:49 PM
I see ARB is making a heavier spring for the 80/100 series now, available this month I believe.

The OME868 has the same free height as the current OME864 coil, but is made with 21-mm material instead of 20-mm. This also increases the spring rate on OME868 to 360lbs, where as the OME864 is 320 lbs.

Uh, that is dated 3 years ago! :D

If 868's are available for real, that would solve ALL of my problems!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
pskhaat said:
There is a vendor on the board here who can get them ;)

Adventure Trailers is a dealer for ARB and so is our Northern Nevada Shop Totally-Offroad.

We don't have a problem doing the buy so long as someone is willing to do the leg work.

Martyn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles