The Essential Expo/Overland First Aid Kit

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Ideally, you tell me the super duper kit that has it all and I go buy it... nice and easy like. That's part "A" below. But sometimes the world doesn't work out all nice and easy like, so maybe there is no decent off-the-shelf first aid kit. In that case, please respond to part B. Or if you're really stoked to talk about first aid, please feel free to respond to both A and B!

Thanks in advance!

Part A: Which off-the-shelf first aid kit do you recommend and what, if anything, did you add to make it complete?

and/or

Part B: What are the essential items that an expo/overland first aid kit must contain?

mudbutt

Explorer
A: Here's what I carry.

http://www.rei.com/product/800907/rei-backpacker-plus-extended-first-aid-kit

I got it on sale for like half price. I added a snap light and a cold pack.

One of the things I like about it is that it's got a smaller hiking first aid kit built inside. Once you get to a spot and you want to go for a short hour or two hike, just grab it and go.

B: The most important thing is to know how to use what you've got.

On top of that carry anything essential to saving your/your co-riders life. I.E. if anyone is allergic to bees.

Last edited:

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Thanks for the contribution, mudbutt.

I searched "First Aid" prior to posting this thread and hardly anything came up, which surprised me quite a bit. Subsequently I've searched "medical" and "1st Aid" and have had much better luck. For the benefit of the next guy or gal that should stumble across this thread, here are some links:

What to include threads:
-Vehicle 1st Aid Kit: What Am I Missing?
-Started My WFA Pack For Vehicle Use
-Basic Life Support Kit List
-Looking For A New Medical Kit
-Wilderness First Responder Kit

Medic Bag Thread

Medical supply sources:
-Good Online Source For First Aid Supplies
-First Aid Kit Refill

I picked up an Adventure Medical Kits Hunter Kit yesterday. I'll add a couple of items based on the advice in the above links. I'm definitely considering a Wilderness First Aid course too.

Last edited:

mudbutt

Explorer
Also, check out this site if you purchase a kit and feel the need to bolster it, or if you have had to use your existing kit and need to refill it.

Great site for travel needs as well, you can buy 1 or a hundred of anything they have.....

http://www.minimus.biz/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles