Goal Zero + Pelican

dblosch

Adventurer
Cleaning out my email I found these pictures I meant to post months ago. I like the Goal Zero light-a-life's, but I was hesitant to toss them in a box with other gear. The pelican case may be overkill, but I like that the system is now self contained. I plan to add one more light, and two spare bulbs to the right of the battery pack. All of the cords/adapters are in the zippered pouch.

Dan

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

YotaPilot

Adventurer
Very nice. I don't think it's overkill at all. I subscribe to the mantra "take care of your gear and it will take care of you." it looks like you do as well.

dblosch

Adventurer
Thanks YotaPilot, I live by a similar mantra... Buy the best stuff you can afford, and take care of it so you don't have to buy it again. I saw that Goal Zero sells there own case now, but it is way overpriced.

98Roamer- Thanks, those are the walk out doors in my in-laws daylight basement.

Dan

4lowdean

Observer
Very nice and not at all over-kill in my book either. As a Pelican case owner myself (multiple cases mind you) I subscribe to the mantra that it is cheaper to spend the money on quality protection than to replace something expensive when it breaks. Not to mention the oldest Pelican case in the family is almost as old as I am, I know that they have a long life and can always be repurposed.

Oh, and those are nice doors!

dblosch

Adventurer
4low- Thanks for the kind words. And nice ZJ! I've got a an 89 YJ, but when I'm carrying bulky gear like this, I'm the the Avalanche.

Mandingo- I believe the case is a 1550, but I'll have to check after work to be sure. The interior dimensions are about perfect for this setup. (Texted the little woman... the case is indeed a 1550.)

:wavey:
Thanks!
Dan

Last edited:

mandingo

Observer
Thanks for checking that out! Now I am off to buy a Pelican case! :)

ETA ordered the case. This site sure seems to make me spend money!

Last edited:

dblosch

Adventurer
I have been working on a little different storage solution for mine

Hey Matt- I dig the soft case! I've been trying to work up something similar, as a slick place to keep one lantern in the truck full time. With the cigarette lighter adapter, they make one heck of an underhood light.

Also, I tried to go to your site, but google chrome says you may have a malware problem! Could be my filter, or could be worth checking out...

:wavey:
Dan

thatguysgarage

Observer
Dblosch- i am not sure what is up with the site we had that fixed ( there was some tracking thing in there) so i will have to look at again thanks for the heads up.

as for the in truck storage, I might even have a solution ( this link should be good ) MOLLE Panel

Thanks
matt

DesertSand05

Observer
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but combined the best of the pelican case idea and Matts awesome custom made Goal Zero pouches. I basically took a pelican 1550 case and custom made a 3d foam insert to accept the Escape 150. I then took the Light-a-life lantern pouches and some other general cases Matt sells and came up with a pretty flexible system. The pouches protect the lights and keeps all the chords and adapters organized. I haven't used the system yet but this summer plan on having a setup that I can quickly take items in and out depending on what I need for the trip I am going on.

GoalZero_Case1.JPGGoalZero_Case2.JPGGoalZero_Case3.JPGGoalZero_Case4.JPG

Working on an easier way to make the foam inserts, but love how the case came out.

Attachments

• GoalZero_Case5.JPG
    GoalZero_Case5.JPG
    419.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

SoCal_80

Explorer
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but combined the best of the pelican case idea and Matts awesome custom made Goal Zero pouches. I basically took a pelican 1550 case and custom made a 3d foam insert to accept the Escape 150. I then took the Light-a-life lantern pouches and some other general cases Matt sells and came up with a pretty flexible system. The pouches protect the lights and keeps all the chords and adapters organized. I haven't used the system yet but this summer plan on having a setup that I can quickly take items in and out depending on what I need for the trip I am going on.

View attachment 136221View attachment 136222View attachment 136223View attachment 136224

Working on an easier way to make the foam inserts, but love how the case came out.

Thanks for the infor on Matt's cases....I just ordered a case for my Escape 30 panel. I am using Goal Zero's case for my Boulder 30's and am happy to find a solution for the Escape panel. Lastly, i too took the other Pelican/Goal Zero idea and did this:

goalzero.JPG

dblosch

Adventurer
Looks good guys!

I really need to order one of Matt's soft cases. It would make packing it in the truck full time much cleaner.

So_Cal - I never thought about adding one of the smaller lights. I wonder if I still have room... :sombrero:

Dan

DesertSand05

Observer
I actually keep the small Goal Zero Estrella Light kit in the car permanently. I keep two extension chords, a cigarette lighter plug adapter, and I custom made a pair of 12v alligator clips that plug directly into the Goal Zero lights. All I have to do is open the hood and clip the battery terminals and I have a a 3w light under the hood. The whole thing fits into a small little pouch that fits in the back seat or a tool box. GoalZero may be a bit costly, but as a system they make some great stuff that is very interchangeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94