The Bug Out Trailer

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Every day.... Mine is 5x8 off road...... I wouldn't build a bug out trailer any bigger than 6x10 otherwise your limiting/risking where and how to get out of town.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Always a thought. Would rather have a more primitive offroad worthy trailer than the TT type setup implied in the article. WHo needs bedrooms when you can set up tents far off in the middle of nowhere vs being trapped on roads cause you have a house dragging behind you.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
I have started to mention it... but then my wife thinks I am being a paranoid lunatic. I keep those thoughts to myself now :sombrero::smiley_drive:

navigator

Adventurer
I've never really got too caught up in all this bug out stuff.
I live in rural SE NC and as I think through many potential disasters none really strike home.
I don't expect anytime soon any nation to invade us.
We don't have earthquakes or floods.
We could have a devastating hurricane but usually you have plenty of notice on those.
I read on a blog the other day about the nuclear fallout in and around Chernobyl and it made me think about it more, especially since I am only about 12 miles downwind of my own nuclear power plant.
here is a link to the blog if you want to read.
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I also think about it frequently, it is part of my trailer design somehow

my only fear is the off road part of towing a trailer, I know a lot of trails that are just hard enough to get a vehicle in & out of, not mentioning having a trailer in tow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior