Max Coupler installation

3d fj

Observer
Rather than create a new thread, let me ask the question here. From the experiences of those who have the max coupler, where is the best place to disconnect/connect it when parking the trailer? From the pin at the truck end or the pin separating the coupler into two parts?

kmarshall

This is my custom title
3d fj, did you ever get any insight on this? I struggle with the same thing, especially when in the dirt.

3d fj

Observer
3d fj, did you ever get any insight on this? I struggle with the same thing, especially when in the dirt.

I haven't. What i do is disconnect from the truck, then pull the pin that separates the coupler. I do the second step so mr shady can't take my trailer with him. I find it easier to reconnect everything in the reverse order.

fubar

Adventurer
I have had the Max Coupler for 4 years and 10K miles on and off road. To disconnect I just pull the middle pin. To reconnect I raise the trailer end, back under, drop the connector in, and reinsert the pin. I also reinsert the locking pin to prevent wandering off...

luk4mud

Explorer
I have tried disconnecting from all 3 pins- center pin is the easiest way to disconnect/ reconnect in my view. When in camp, I remove the trailer side of the MC and leave a locking pin in the hole.

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
I know this thread is from awhile ago but I just got mine in from Knight off-road and I know a few were asking for visual instructions and this was included so I took a picture to hopefully help anyone in the future who may need it

C57DD1F8-35D7-4079-8863-5A6EEDB7BE0B-8635-000007FFAE9A1AE3_zpsb8acab83.jpg

MDM54

Observer
Is there anything wrong with reversing the Max Coupler so that the yoke attaches to the trailer via an adjustable ball mount and the tongue (or shaft) slides into the vehicle receiver?

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
One last question. Are most people who run Max Couplers, running them on the road as well, or are you running a ball coupler and then swapping to the MC when heading off the pavement?

Herb

Run it all the time, last 5+ years....primarily on road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94