Apple OS/X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" now available

The iWork with everything in the cloud alone is worth the update. The other stuff is all working fine on both my wife's and my computers. Mine didn't get the Airplay Mirroring which isn't really that big of a deal. I can still stream music and movies to Apple TV. Just not watching it on the computer at the same time.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
Given what a buggy POS 10.7/Lion has been I really don't think there is any downside to jumping to 10.8/Mountain Lion immediately. I would be already running it if my datacap for the month wasn't already being on the verge of being blown for this month.

If you're running Lion, then I highly recommend the upgrade. Mountain Lion fixes nearly all the bugs in Lion, and I've yet to run into any new ones (I've been running it since the day it popped into the store).

There are a lot of undocumented features as well, subtle things, lots of behavior/interface stuff flat-out copied from Windows. Since the upgrade I'm finding lots of little things I don't have to "work around" anymore... :D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I went from Snow Leopard right into Mountain Lion. It was a culture shock for me, however since I now am using an Iphone 4, Retina Ipad and MBP, it is nice that all the navigation is pretty much the same.
I have found no real issues since upgrading.

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94