Ireland

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
I'm not, but I did spend a few weeks there a while back. I got to tour the country pretty well, but never got to Cork (where my great grandmother is from). I worked in Athlone, but ventured to Clifden, Galway, Inniskillen, Belfast, Dublin, and every town in between. It's a second home to me. I've worked for an Irish company for 22 years.

Glenn C

Observer
Oh yeah , you wouldn happen know what part of cork she was from ? if you ever find yourself over here again stop off in cork you wont be disappointed it has a lot to offer including plenty of 4wheeling :ylsmoke:

Expedition Leader
I lived in Fermanagh, Antrim, and Donegal for about three years as a young man. Still have friends there, and come back to visit every few years. Was there for three weeks last fall, based in County Tipperary. Beautiful country with the friendliest people and the best music in the whole world! Thinking of retiring there at least part-time.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
My dad did some geneaology work and as far as he could find, she boarded a ship at around 13years old (1863) in Britain and it listed her residence as Cork. My Great Grandfather and she came back to US from Cork in the 1880's. My dad was always told she was from Cork and my Great grandfather and his brother were Molly McGuires in Pennsylvania Coal Mines. His brother was killed in jail after being arrested during a protest.

I still have friends in Roscommon and Athlone area. I'd have loved to have fourwheeled while I was there, but couldn't stay out of the pubs. I had my own local before I left. Guinness ruined my taste for any other beer, so I quit drinking except for the very occasional pint of the mothers milk.

mervifwdc

Adventurer
Sarah and I are Irish, but not been there since Christmas last year. We're on the road in our Kildare registered unimog, www.moglander.com

Glenn, I presume if you off road in Cork, you've done the 3 peaks?

Merv.

Glenn C

Observer
Nicely done there good to see and Irish reg cruising the globe , im well aware of the 3 peaks having been out with Munster 4x4 a few times for their Xmas safari and for the snake pit challenge and mid summer madness , but the peaks is too hard core for my Dora lol , cant check out your site now (at work with limited access) but will do so for sure when I get home

mervifwdc

Adventurer
I've done a few snake pits over the years. Most recently in a tomcat but a white defender90 before that. Great countryside!

johnfoxllb

Hi Guys

Long time lurker, signed up today.

Living in Tyrone and equipped with a 90 Series LC D4D and a 1200GSA.

image_zpsd4de8ded.jpg

image_zps692b56d7.jpg

m_P1030811.jpg

m_P1030815.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94