Santa Rosa Mountain Camping Trip July 21&22 2012

BorregoWrangler

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Camped out atop Santa Rosa Mtn with my wife and daughter and also enjoyed the oasis at the water crossing on San Jacinto Ridge Truck Trail 5S09, just North of the small mountain town of Idyllwild.

Santa Rosa Mountain Family Camping Trip

IMG_8362.jpg

Link to report: http://johnandautumnsadventures.blogspot.com/2012/07/santa-rosa-mtn-family-camping-trip.html

Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
It is a great spot to camp by the ruins. I was there last year and that mountain is a gem. Loved the pictures, your little girl is cute.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great write up and pics....very nice to see you getting the little own out to play in the dirt.
Also very cool historical marker you found, I need to start stopping and reading more of those

BorregoWrangler

Rendezvous Conspiracy
It is a great spot to camp by the ruins. I was there last year and that mountain is a gem. Loved the pictures, your little girl is cute.

Nice report...Thanks for the inspiration!

Clem

great write up and pics....very nice to see you getting the little own out to play in the dirt.
Also very cool historical marker you found, I need to start stopping and reading more of those

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to many more outings with my family and building fond memories for my daughter, just like my own parents did in the back country.

Nomadllc

Born nomadic
It's amazing how a simple thing like camping with your family can build lasting memories. I can personaly attest to the bonding that comes from things like playing cards in a tent, or building a fort out of dead fall timber. I love it when I see other families enjoying the outdoors, and skipping the electronics for a few days ;)

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Awesome write up. Like the blog. Im in Palm Springs right now and wanted to camp at one of those yellow post campsites. Exactly what I want is at the top of the mountain like you found! Are the campsites off of the truck trail 7S02? Or any suggestions on how best to find the spot? Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz