Super cheap solar panel If anyone needs one

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Just stumbled upon this deal on amazon and I had to buy one. If your looking for a solar panel jump on this!

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Power-GP-S...343616569&sr=1-26&keywords=15watt+solar+panel

EDIT** They changed the price on me, They canceled my order said it was a web error. when I posted this link it was listed for $24+$12 shipping so that was def a good deal. I guess you guys were commenting on the changed $100 price. Yes at $100 its def not a good deal lol

Last edited:

Xterabl

Adventurer
Cheap but big. If you want 1/3 the area size but at only 2X the cost (for same wattage), go for a crystalline silicon panel.
But, still, having said that, this looks like cheapest $/W "out there"....

Colin Hughes

Explorer
It seems a bit pricy for 15w. My brother who does solar farm installs tells me the price per watt for a solar panel is now down to between $1.50-$2.00. 230w panels he used to buy for over $900 are now in the $300-$350 range. I recently bought a 100w panel from a solar company in Quebec for around $185.

6x6pinz

Adventurer
they look just like the ones that came with my harbor freight set. I bought the set a year ago for $150 for all three panels along with the controller and extra lights. Now the panels have been redesigned to mount on pvc piping and are more modern looking but still 15w per panel and are at $189 for the complete set. I looked at teh crystalline silicone panels but if I put all my eggs into one basket and the basket broke I would not have solar power. At least with the three panels if something happened to one I would still be able to charge some.

Google it Research

Master of Disaster
is it worth buying used panels? I found on CL a guy selling less than 5 years old panels at $1 a watt. All his panels are 100-175 watt panels which would fit my jeep trailer. He Carries several name brand panels, post specs. Seems legit-

CaliMobber

Adventurer
We can get access to around $1 watt retail but the shipping cost or driving cost is the killer. Those large panels weigh a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior