1985 fj60 w/ v8 conversion

BMAN

Adventurer
1985 fj60 w/ v8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASKING $10500 LOCALLY But will entertain ALL CASH OFFERS!

There is a ROTW thread in the 60 series section of ih8mud.com from when I built the truck. Take a look... MAKE AN OFFER! Cash and trade is also a possibility. No more
4x4's please. I need to move this truck to someone who will appreciate it.

The specs are as follows:

Year = 1985
Motor = 1987 Chevy TBI 350 rebuilt
Trans = 1990 700r4 rebuilt (lokar shifter)
Xfer = 1985 splitcase
Gears = 4.88 (installed by PO)
Traction control = Lockrights front and rear
Wheels/tire = (5x)255 85r16 Maxxis Bighorns on Grey steel Tacoma wheels. This combo has less than 1k miles on it.
Montero dash handle and gauge pod (pod houses tach)
Hella 24" Map Light at passenger A-pillar
Icom 208H dual band Ham radio (Mag mounted antenna, forget the model)
Wilson 1k antenna run to center console for a CB (the original radio burned up)
Safari Snorkel
Dual Optima batteries are gone but rack is still there. replaced with Duralast spiral core (Planned to be redundant systems eventually. Ford alternator included)
Electric stereo antenna
Cut and folded rear ¼'s. This gives about 6" of additional clearance. The cut and fold job looks like a factory job but was not.
Parts for York OBA are uninstalled but included in sale
Cavernous custom center console.
Rear 1/4 panel storage boxes on both sides. Passenger side box include 10" subwoofer enclosure.
Custom exhaust with catalytic converter and O2 sensor installed.

The tent and Yakima rack are not included in the sale as they ave been relocated.

Items that need attention are as follows:

Ac compressor is in place but is not hooked up. Condensor is included and so are a set of used Toyota hoses and GM hoses. These ends can be used to make a set of custom hoses. A new dryer is needed.
The dual batteries have never been set up as I had originally planned. I am including the Ford alternator that was intended to run the second battery and the onboard welder I planned to build. I can supply links to the build thread I intended to follow on-line. The EGR valve needs the flow washer to be fine tuned so that the EGR circuit can be hooked up and the emissions equipment would then be 100% complete. Currently the EGR valve is not hooked into the ECU which causes a CEL. The truck runs flawlessly without this but it's something that needs buttoned up. The twin stick setup (HI-LO) and (2wd-4wd) linkage needs tweaking as it's not shifting perfectly every time. The Tcase shifts in and out of gears smoothly from below but the linkage is binding a bit. This is a custom setup as there was none available for this application at the time of the build.
The lockup wire for the transmission needs to be hooked up to a 12v source. The DVD player head unit is a cheap unit from Walmart that strted giving me problems after a couple years of usage. It should be replaced along with the amplifier for the subwoofer. The Montero Guage pod on top of the dash needs to be remounted or removed as it wiggles around a bit.

Please ask as many questions as you feel you need to. I will be nothing but completely honest. I'm the kinda guy that will tell you every little thing that is wrong with the truck so that when you get it you will be pleasantly surprised with all that is RIGHT with it. This is a solid truck with a super clean body with no rot and virtually no rust. There is a gouge in the rear tailgate that happened when we had a huge storm that blew a roof tile from my roof into the truck. It's about 2" long vertically and went all the way to the metal. This is the only rusted area on the entire body. The truck is SOLID and clean. The truck is a driver and I would not hesitate jumping in it and driving across the entire country with my whole family in tow.

I am interested in any trades including a 1967 or earlier VW bug, bus, ghia or type 3, or american classics. I am open to multiple car trades or cars and cash. I am open to all cash offers. Send your offer and we can talk. Additional pix available upon request.

Need to move her down the road... BRING ALL OFFERS!!!

Attachments

• cl602.jpg
    cl602.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_4723.jpg
    IMG_4723.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_5405.JPG
    IMG_5405.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:

BMAN

Adventurer
still available...

Considering ANY and ALL straight across trades.

Last edited:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Bump for a good guy selling a solid rig. I've seen this rig in person and it's legit. Bman has been an active member of the Prescott-AZ off-road scene for a long time.

mtndude23

Observer
Nice rig, I wish I could make an offer that wasn't insulting! Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:

clandr1

Adventurer
Just curious and I don't mean to bash at all, but the serpentine belt setup wasn't standard on the GM TBI 350 until 1989. Your ad states this is a 1987 motor. Did you convert it to serp?

BMAN

Adventurer
I'd bet my lunch that it was an original belt system, based on what I remember of the teardown, but I could be wrong. The motor an transmission came out of an 87 Blazer and the Serp system was on it when purchased and I reinstalled it after the rebuild. I know the 87 S-10's were serp already so it's possible that the system was an option I guess, or added between 87 and 03, when I bought the motor. I can tell you that Autozone lists the belt as available for 87 blazer.

BMAN

Adventurer
Bump for a good guy selling a solid rig. I've seen this rig in person and it's legit. Bman has been an active member of the Prescott-AZ off-road scene for a long time.

Appreciate the bump Brother! And the kind words about the truck. I was more an active member of the Phoenix area and kinda AZ as a whole. I helped start up a little Toyota club here locally once upon a time.
Wish I had caught you a month earlier with your deluxe. I woulda traded you in a heartbeat for that thing.

All,
Please shoot me any offers you have. I'm not really interested in anything 4x4 unless it's a Taco quadcab or Quadcab Pre-runner as I know those can be sold here locally relatively quickly. I am interested in anything VW, Porsche, or Pre 1980 JDM. I will consider trades including cars, cash, guns or northern Az land. Shoot me an offer. Worst case is I say no and we're both sitting in the same place. No big deal to me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier