Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Has anyone tried a swivel base on the front passenger seat? That would be a cool spot to sit out a storm...

I looked at it quite seriously and decided it was not going to happen without something very custom, and a tiny seat.

-Dan

hardwickj

@grecy - you looking for a partner in crime in another JK + J30? :)

Give us some details! I'm contemplating quitting my job w/ the new year and doing something along these lines!

Wait till you see what I've built / am building right now :)

And I'm taking it to Africa :)

-dan

goin camping

Explorer
Here's the Ice Cream Truck.

Ran away for a test night to my hidden spot in the hills around the San Fernando Valley. five minutes from the freeway and 15 minutes from home.

A couple thoughts from one night:
Have a plan for your middle of the night pee.
Do not hoist yourself up onto the other hatch. Hilarity ensues.
The clamp that holds the support folds up. Remember to fold that before hoisting up or pain ensues.
You do a lot of clambering about so give your self room and tilt the front seat forward.
Thin mattress but I got a great nights sleep.

Last edited:

bigfish

Observer
Black Bear Pass. Try that with your camper...

da028006ecf21cbdfd0a90601d3392fa.jpg

d4d9161d03c766d69bf0bd8be90f1385.jpg

Cooking dinner on a rainy night. The new awning attachment works really well.

db371750785141d475296e2525e72cfa.jpg

All cleaned up and ready for more.

7c4ddc080ecc2db63a198c2b6c1fc5ec.jpg

goin camping

Explorer
Biggish,

That all white whith black rims has got to be the best looking color combo I have ever seen! :)

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Cooking dinner on a rainy night. The new awning attachment works really well.
db371750785141d475296e2525e72cfa.jpg

Ohh, that looks great - I've been investigating rear awnings for the J30, can you give any more details please?
Does it attach to the canvas of the J30?
Is the attachment water tight?

A close up pic would be awesome if you have one

Thanks!
-Dan

bigfish

Observer
Ohh, that looks great - I've been investigating rear awnings for the J30, can you give any more details please?
Does it attach to the canvas of the J30?
Is the attachment water tight?

A close up pic would be awesome if you have one

Thanks!
-Dan

Original awning post:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/81780-Ursa-Minor-Pop-Top-Jeep-JK?p=1804905#post1804905

Yes, it does attach to the canvas via a zipper. Ursa doesn't do this for you, and it was a major pain to install the zipper... It isn't %100 water tight either, but it was enough to keep the tent and "kitchen" dry. So, that's the story behind the pretty picture.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Anybody from Phoenix of traveling thru Phoenix heading out to Ursa in the near future?

Hey Don,
I'll be passing through Arizona immediately before going to Ursa in San Diego to pickup my J30, should be last week of September or first of October.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior