Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

aam1023

@trailfrog:

Thanks for the tip. Easier than velcro in that only one pad is needed (don't need to perfectly align a square on both the underside of the cushion and corresponding spot on the floor). Based on your suggestion, I'm looking at this product:

http://www.amazon.com/Duck-736032-N...9817632&sr=1-1&keywords=duck+brand+super+grip

It's nice in that it grips on both surfaces, so should help to hold both the mattress to the liner material and the liner material to the J30's floor. It is also nonadhesive and can easily be removed/repositioned, and is even machine-washable.

Last edited:

aam1023

@SLOfizz:

In further discussions with John, he seems convinced that the leaks are due to the seal between the J30 (due to either a vertical or horizontal displacement of the top) and the Jeep and not the gasket between the 2 halves of the J30. I'll follow his suggestion first and then try the silicone fix if necessary afterwards. I'll post feedback after I have a chance to fart around with it this weekend (weather permitting, we might get rain on Saturday).

Last edited:

PTO

PTO
A few shots from AZ and UT this past week.

Camp on the rim

IMG_1708.jpg

Having some fun

IMG_1768.jpg

Looks like a little toy

IMG_1762.jpg

Cool rail way tunnel

IMG_1776.jpg

bry71518

Thank you! Been a while since I have been on. I appreciate the photos and additional info!

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

I really like my Orfab tire carrier it seems sturdy enough and I really like the Rotopac Gas can /water can . I have a rotopac lock box (black) that I keep my portable 12volt shower hose accessory inside for a quick shower or to clean off whatever equipment I used that day. I like the Garvin basket rack als well. I had some LED light mounts welded to the lower bar of the rack for my backup or backoff ! lights along with a reverse camera . The Orfab spare tire mount sits higher than stock so visability out the rear window is even less .but the always on rear camera helps . I recently installed backup sensors in the bumper for parking in those tricky parking spaces . Anyways so far so good .

Pto be very careful with the zipper on the eezi awn awning as my manta zipper is less than 6 months old and is in need of replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PTO

PTO
Pto be very careful with the zipper on the eezi awn awning as my manta is less than 6 months old and is in need of replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to talk with them about a few small issues as well. You sending it back for repair or getting it done local?

ARlZONA

Observer
Updated Line X

Got tired of the strange looks I would get with the white top and decided to blend it in a bit. As John uses Line X for the tops I found a local Line X dealer that matched it very close, happy with the updated look. It seems a bit quieter and with the added weight the struts still hold the open top fine. As I live in the desert it was prudent to keep the main part white.

For those curious it ran just under $400.

Before
before.jpg

After
20160106_162449_resized.jpg

20160106_163436_resized.jpg

Last edited:

drapnea

OK. I'm looking into taking the plunge and buying my J30 in the next month some time. Still trying to figure out some of the choices. A few questions for you all before buying this to put on my 2013 JKUR in dark blue.

1) Power: the power/wiring options. Are they worth paying to have done. $150 for rear bay lighting! $50 for USB! I'd like to have an option to charge something up top, but really don't feel like adding a bunch of money to the build if I can do it for about a 1/4 of the price. Plus I may just put in an SPOD at some point anyway so I will be addressing a bunch of wiring at once. So should I just hold off and do it myself or is it so well done that it is worth $50 for a USB plug or $150 for the rear lighting? Also the "header power outlets" are these accessed from below in the cab whereas the sleeper ones are up top in the sleeping space?

2) Color: I don't like the stock options, so I am forced to change it. I'm thinking paint it all. Or texture all. Other than cosmetic, any benefits of one or the other? Is weight substantially different?

3) Roof racks: I cannot find definite answers to this so I'll just ask. I just want to be able to attach things up top like skis, bike, etc. I am not a fan of one brand of rack over another, and don't really need to get it from UMV, but having them drill it and mount on the feet/tracks or whatever would be nice. Which would you go with?

4) Rear wiper defrost: This option is $450. I have a hard top currently on my JKUR with the rear window, defrost, wiper. Can I just order the J30 with a standard rear window setup (ie no extra cost) and swap my stock hardtop items over to the J30? (I will be selling the top once I get the J30 anyway).

5) new generation changes: the top now has a tapered look to it where the rear is taller than the front. Has anyone noticed any difference in ability to store sleeping setup in it while closed?

Sorry for a bunch of questions, but some of these choices changes the price by over $1000. PM me if you don't feel like answering them all here. I am going to talk with UMV at some point but hearing from the masses is sometimes nice too. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz