Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

KellyM

Adventurer
Hi John:

Thanks for the update. Put me on the list for a ladder. Any ETA on a release date?

Thanks,

Kelly M

Trailfrog

Adventurer
Guilty as charged, those parts have been on sitting on the to-do list but they are on the way (tracking sent via email). Now it's back to other projects and parts in the backlog. I’ve also let my boss know we need more time in the day, but she is not sympathetic to late nights that impede story time... - Cheers, John

Thanks for the response John. You're a standup guy and I appreciate it. I look forward to seeing some of the new accessories and I hope some will fit the first gen models. I use my top about every other month and love it. I have a three day trip planned to do the K-Trail near Clayton, OK in March.

SLOfizz

Observer
Greetings everyone, I decided to get a J30 myself and then came across this thread while I was awaiting the build process. I just picked it up for my Dragon Expedition Jeep. I have to say I absolutely love it. I see the differences that people were talking about between the first and second production. It is taller allowing for more room, and quieter (except with the windows open going 70+ down the highway there is some air flow through the roof hatch, but it's not bad at all). I slept in it the first night and it was so comfortable. We had planned to pick up the top and hit Sedona, and the Moab after it was installed but unfortunately we had to reverse the plan for our trip, still was amazing. Anyone on the fence, I say pull the trigger and get one. It's awesome! My Dragon will be rolling around the Pacific Northwest (Tacoma Area) when not on an adventure. :)

Currently:
- 4″ lift
- 35″ Toyo M/T Tires
- 18" Fuel Hostage Wheels
- AEV Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy, Rear Break Light, Mud Flaps, High Lift and Pull Pal Mounts
- AEV Water pump for bumper tanks with tanks plumbed together
- AEV Procal
- Rampage Recovery Front Bumper w/ Stinger
- Smittybuilt XRC 9.5K Gen 2 Winch
- SR 50″ Hybrid LED Light bar LED Fog Lamps
- Amp Powerstep w/ Lights
- Insane Jeep Audio JK1001 Stereo Navigation (Android Operating - system with it’s own wifi hotspot)
- Springtail Solutions side rear racks, with quickfist retainers (to hold Scuba tanks)
- Custom mounted rear LED for light in rear area when tailgate is open
- E-Dock Stubby Front Mounting bar above dash w/ iPad mini and go pro mounts
- Ursa Minor J30 Tent top

A lot more on the way.

View attachment 267990

See you guys on the road.

Can you drop a better pic with the light bar. Been wondering how it would look with the top.

BVClimber

Observer
Has anyone ever thought about a wind fairing/light bar combo with a J30? it's quite cold/snowy/rocks etc on my local roads in the winter and a wind fairing would keep the J30's seal from getting hit.

jeepovich

Explorer
Just finished diner, hanging out my one of my dogs Max and about to watch a movie when it started to rain.
IMG_20150126_162543_417.jpg
IMG_20150126_162532_780.jpg
Time lapse from my secret camping spot:

Last edited:

jeepovich

Explorer
Thats a nice rack, who makes it? I like your camping spot!!

The roof rack mounts are from Ursa Minor. The tire carrier is from Smittybilt and jerry carriers with rear basket are from Rockhard ( the basket carrier had to be shortened ).

MTSN

Explorer
Are there any folks in Denver or nearby who are ordering a J30 soon? I'm wondering if we could combine our orders for any kind of shipping discount? Now that I have my JKUR, I'm going to be placing my order for a J30 soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz