Truck Fridge sale. Prices only visible in checkout.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Does anyone know if any insulated covers will fit the TF51?

Check Ironman4x4. I got the insulated cover from them for my TF41 and it's a perfect fit. ( Ironman4x4 sells the Indel B Fridges under their logo, so all the accessories should fit. ie: Tie down straps,covers,slides )

RangerXLT

Adventurer
BUMP. Hey has anyone has to utilize the warranty on these? I tried contacting them but no reply. My lid failed on me, didn't know of IndelB had a warranty since it's their name plastered all over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GFA

Adventurer
BUMP. Hey has anyone has to utilize the warranty on these? I tried contacting them but no reply. My lid failed on me, didn't know of IndelB had a warranty since it's their name plastered all over it.

When I first bought my TF 51 I had a broken handle on the interior basket. A quick call to truck fridge and they sent a new one right away. Have you called truck fridge? That is of course if it's where you bought it from. Otherwise I don't know where to look.

What happened to the lid?

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Actually ordered from Westy Ventures, and the forwarded my stuff to truck fridge. When I called today they said they already processed the claim and had a lid headed my way as well as a new keypad cover since mine was coming off. Pretty happy considering that's how customer service should be. My new lid should be here sometime this week.

Ya know idk I just noticed it had a crack on it above the hinge and I didn't worry about it for a few months and last week it finally gave out. When I called he said "what happened did the hinge break?" So I guess it's a common issue.
69c1493ed192611211588f8fcd9de0c0.jpg

GFA

Adventurer
Cool, glad they're taking care of it. I bought mine thru westy also now that you mentioned it. Westy was no help with my broken basket and was actually kinda rude as if it were bothersome to him. But their price was much better than truck fridge.

I'll have to keep an eye on my lid hinge...

RangerXLT

Adventurer
He told me that Westy is simply a distributor and there is no sense in contacting them at all.

yeti_in_ga

SE Expedtion Society
my edgestar just crapped out after more then 5 years. some of that time continuous duty in the garage. Now looking at these for a replacement. anyone else make the switch and can compare ?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
my edgestar just crapped out after more then 5 years. some of that time continuous duty in the garage. Now looking at these for a replacement. anyone else make the switch and can compare ?

I think they would last long with continuous use vs on and off all the time. Like a normal house fridge that is always on

Follow up. The fridge seems to be back to normal. Not sure what caused the problem or what remedied it.

That's good to hear

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I think they would last long with continuous use vs on and off all the time. Like a normal house fridge that is always on

That's good to hear

Are you saying it's better to keep them on when not in use? Like plugged in in the garage?

4x4junkie

Explorer
I've seen some reports of various 12v fridges conking out after 2-4 years use as a "beer fridge". I think like with anything else, internal parts will wear while in use and eventually something gives out (brushes in the compressor motor maybe? I was under the impression these things are brushless, but I don't know for sure).

I think simply keeping it stored indoors/away from airborne pollutants (smog, ozone, etc.) will help it endure the years better. This helps keep rubber parts like seals and what-not from dry-rotting or cracking as quick.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I've seen some reports of various 12v fridges conking out after 2-4 years use as a "beer fridge". I think like with anything else, internal parts will wear while in use and eventually something gives out (brushes in the compressor motor maybe? I was under the impression these things are brushless, but I don't know for sure).

I think simply keeping it stored indoors/away from airborne pollutants (smog, ozone, etc.) will help it endure the years better. This helps keep rubber parts like seals and what-not from dry-rotting or cracking as quick.

imo, it should be no different than a home fridge. these last 10 years plus easily.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Are you saying it's better to keep them on when not in use? Like plugged in in the garage?

I think so. I would think the seals would dry up from sitting instead of being cycled. I plan on keeping mine in use year round. debating on which one to get still and what size

Cool, glad they're taking care of it. I bought mine thru westy also now that you mentioned it. Westy was no help with my broken basket and was actually kinda rude as if it were bothersome to him. But their price was much better than truck fridge.

I'll have to keep an eye on my lid hinge...

Eh? Are you sure you called me? I'm a one-man operation and don't recall ever hearing about this, nor would I ne 'kinda rude'. FWIW, though, all warranty issues are covered directly by Truckfridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz