I wanted to do a complete write up of the dual batt install using PC1400s so I deleted my initial post to substitute this one.
Odyssey PC1400 Amt needed: 2
Columbia Overland dual battery tray
Custom made tray for aux fuse block
Hardware for aux fuse block plate
M8-1.25, flat washers, and lockwashers for attaching plate to fender nutsets
1/4 x 20 allthread, nuts, locknut, flat washers, and lock washers to support end of plate
National Luna dual battery kit
Military style battery connectors/terminals
Blue Sea aux fuse block
Blue Sea circuit breaker
Red 2 AWG battery cable P/N: 233718 Amt needed: 6’
Black 2 AWG battery cable P/N: 233726 Amt needed: 6’
Red 4 AWG battery cable P/N: 179523 Amt needed: 3’
Black 4 AWG battery cable P/N: 214551 Amt needed: 3’
2AWG heavy duty butt connector P/N: 104259
2AWG heavy duty lug 3/8” stud P/N: 214163
2AWG heavy duty lug 5/16” stud P/N: 291146
2AWG heavy duty lug 1/4” stud P/N: 104309
4AWG heavy duty lug 3/8” stud P/N: 214254
4AWG heavy duty lug 5/16” stud P/N: 214247
4AWG heavy duty lug 1/4” stud P/N: 385799
Red 3/8” PET braided sleeving P/N: BS0375 Ordered 100’ roll
Black 3/8” PET braided sleeving P/N: BS0375 Ordered 100’ roll
.4 Red 3:1 heavy wall adhesive lined heatshrink Amt needed: 4’ piece
.4 Black 3:1 heavy wall adhesive lined heatshrink Amt needed: 4’ piece
Lighter/torch/hot knife to cut braided sleeving
1. Mounted both batteries and Columbia Overland dual battery tray.
2. Mounted dual battery solenoid and ran controller cable.
Ran controller cable under dash and into center console
3. Spliced engine harness cable that runs to primary battery using 2AWG butt splice then covered with heat shrink for protection.
The bludge is where I cut and spliced the engine to pos terminal.
4. Mounted aux fuse block plate to fender nutserts with M8-1.25 and supported end with 1/4 x 20 all thread through the fender.
Inside fender well where all thread comes through.
5. Mounted aux fuse block and circuit breaker
6. Made connections using crimper and heat shrink then covered with braided sleeving.
7. Finished product