sporting clays anyone?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
So we just moved south of Tampa and the new house is right around the corner from fishhawk sporting clays. I used to comp shoot pistols years ago and still go to the range alot. However I went with a buddy a few months ago to a trap range and loved it. I am now ready to get into this sporting clays or trap thing. Sporting clay place is sweet and owners and staff real nice I went in today to check it out. I met a guy who is selling a cesar guerini saur 12ga for $1200 and am thinking of buying it. It is alot for a newb to start with but I know that I will grow into it. Any advise or recommendations on finding an instructor or any of the other gear I will need.

(smokey)

I shoot clays as often as I can. It is cheap and tons of fun. And honestly I do not understand those expensive fancy shotguns. I have tons of fun with a cheap *** benelli nova or 870. Just have a couple chokes you can swap between depending on skeet or trap and you are fine.

As for other gear I cannot say. I really just like throwing them up and blasting away so all i need is a shotgun and some extra rounds in the back pocket.

Benelli makes the sweetest auto loader I've ever put up to my shoulder. I bought my wife one in 20ga the Legacy, and I've got a SBE2. I've shot everything with mine over the years. From turkey to clays, doves, ducks, grouse, and goose. I used to like my cheap old 835 ultimag, but after getting that Benelli I've never looked twice at a another shotgun. Not to mention how clean they run. No I'm not affiliated with them, just a very happy customer. Don't drop the money on anything before you try a Benelli. The new Vinci is balanced more like your over/unders if you have the preference. Good shootin

hansonian

Observer
I'm on the north side of Tampa and was talking with some buddies about hitting up Silver Dollar Shooting Club in Odessa to shoot some clays. I regularly hit the range with my pistols and rifles but it's been years since I've shot any trap. I've got a 870 Wingmaster and it's held it's own against higher dollar shotguns.

I don't have any gun buying advice but since you're somewhat local if you'd like to get out and do some shooting sometime shoot me a PM.

CDMartin

Suffering Fools
Clays

Sportin Clays, Trap, and Skeet are wonderfully addictive. I shoot at Palatka Skeet Club and Flagler Gun Club. If you are looking into buying an O/U, you can't go wrong with a Ceasar Guierini. They make O/U for JP Sauer. Just make sure its a sporting gun, at least 30" with a 3" chamber. If its a field gun, it can make the sport uncomfortable. Have fun and welcome to the addiction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne