New Here - '92 Chevy K1500

ChrisAU

Whats up guys. I've lurked here for a while. I bought my truck in September of last year, and I have done quite a bit of work to it since. Its more of a hunting rig than an expedition one, but I will drive it long distances to hunt and love to ride trails, just not much of anything good near me in Birmingham, AL.

When I got it:

photo5-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

Now:

aca60b3e.jpg

8b4f3e48.jpg

ef310de2.jpg

BigTex

Observer
Chris-
Nice looking rig! I dig it, reminds me of my old '91 I had in college. What are some of the specs on it? Welcome to Expo.

ChrisAU

Thanks! Some specs:

5.7L 350 V-8
700R4 Auto (Just rebuilt...less than 100 miles on it).
6" RCX Lift
35x12.50x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers
15x10 Bart Steel D's
Tactical Armor Group Front Bumper
Ranchhand Rear Bumper
10k ENGO Synthetic Line Winch
179k on it..no rust!

spacer

Observer
Maybe we don't have many long distance offroad trips here, but there's a multitude of day or weekend trip trails... and technical enough that it's great practice for those bigger event type rides.
:)

ChrisAU

Those are GMT800 style mirrors made for GMT400's, got them on eBay. I'm afraid I'll break them off road, but until then I love them ha

Nolan_Durecki

Thanks! Some specs:

5.7L 350 V-8
700R4 Auto (Just rebuilt...less than 100 miles on it).
6" RCX Lift
35x12.50x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers
15x10 Bart Steel D's
Tactical Armor Group Front Bumper
Ranchhand Rear Bumper
10k ENGO Synthetic Line Winch
179k on it..no rust!
do you remember the exact specs of your bumper

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
i had an 89 K2500, you really can't go wrong with those trucks. it was as reliable as an hourglass. i spent a lot of my younger years crammed into the back seat when my dad owned it.

Bojak

Adventurer
I had a 97 2500 4x4, she was my first love. Betsy never let me down and kept on keeping on. I'm not far from where you are, other than a bunch of muddin' not a lot of trails I know of around here. If you learn of any good ones please let us know. Keep up the good work on the truck, looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles