Outdoor charcoal cookers

FellowTraveler

Explorer
How many of you still use outdoor charcoal cookers while traveling. I like the Cobb cooker and some Japanese types of cookers myself.

kai38

Explorer
I borrowed a friends COBB at the EXPO to cook two Pork loins in the wind. After having a little trouble to get the charcoal going it worked great.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
I've got a Cobb for trips I take without the trailer. I haven't quite mastered steaks in it, but it does everything else fairly well.

CJCA

Adventurer
I haven’t used it yet, but I picked up a Grilliput for a charcoal / wood backup option to the propane grill. So far no need for the little grill as the propane grill works great, but it’s there if the propane grill fails. Packs small, everything fitting in the tube section of the grill. Amazon has them for around $23.00.

416-044_Grilliput-Kult_yard.jpg

BIGGUY

Adventurer
I've got an original Volcano stove and the smaller version that they used to make that I've used a lot. I also have the newer collapsible version with the propane adapter that I haven't used yet. I've used them with Dutch ovens, grilled on them, and used them as stoves with a pan on top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke