H1 HUMMER is coming back

Ron B

Explorer
I think thats AMG stopping HMMWV's at the Form 97 level, and covering their *** in liability.

I'm sure AMG won't be concerned about HUMVEE-C trucks. We'll know more next week during the THCI event in Colorado/Utah.

can't wait to hear what you find

haven

Expedition Leader
AM General has a web page up to describe the ordering process for the Humvee Kit
http://www.genuinehumveekit.com/

The kit price starts at $60K. That includes portal axles. Options include locking differentials front and rear, and CTIS. Then you have to add an engine and transmission. A 10% deposit will reserve your place in line. Delivery is expected in Spring 2013.

citthru

I'm glad to see the option of having a Hummer is once again alive and well. I wonder if hard doors will be available as an option? The great thing about this is being able to start from scratch with engine and transmission. I've talked with Predator Hummer about their engine and trans options, but it just seems as though you're just throwing away perfectly good engine/trans just to get better performance. The C-Series will probably change the prices of some the H1's that I've seen listed.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
dear god, that dash is AWEFULL!!! too damn much ACU.....

That's for sure! But you have GOT to love those huge, inboard disc brakes! :Wow1: I'm sorry... I know H1's turned out to be death traps to IED's but as an off-road machine I have always loved them. All vehicles are a compromise (H1's are damn wide!) but for what it is I appreciate it's strengths.

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
That's for sure! But you have GOT to love those huge, inboard disc brakes! :Wow1: I'm sorry... I know H1's turned out to be death traps to IED's but as an off-road machine I have always loved them. All vehicles are a compromise (H1's are damn wide!) but for what it is I appreciate it's strengths.

that is so tru tho. i'd still love to get my hands on a milspec h1 and tose a duramax/allison combo in it (h1Alpha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94