Long distance driver accompanied RORO shipping

sg1

Adventurer
I have shipped with Seabridge, a company specializing in shipping RV´s to and from Europe to/from North America (Canada/US), South Africa, Australia and South Amarica. I shipped to South Africa and I had absolutely no problem. I talked to a lot of other customers (Seabridge has a yearly reunion of their customers) and the only ones I met who had problems had shipped to South America. Grimaldi Lines stops in Dakar on their way to Buenos Aires from Europe and their seem to be (at least sometimes) thefts in this port. It is a good idea to have a separation between the driver cabin and the living quarters. When I shipped I could keep the keys to the cabin although that seems to vary depending on the agent who checks your vehicle when you deliver it to the port.
Regards Stefan

Nigel Evans

Observer
To some extent shipping must be luck of the draw although it's good to know of an agent with a good reputation.

The Moglander blog gives a good idea what it's like to spend a month travelling with your van on a cargo ship. Was it me or did the cabin look a bit like a prison cell? Still for $2500 each what do you expect.

incognito

Adventurer
So , does anybody knows cargo vessels which take campers AND passengers from Europe to North America and back?
thanks
Incognito

Vicdickerson

Antwerpen to Montevideo with Grimaldi RoRo lines

Just shipped my Mercedes Unimog camper from Antwerp to Montevideo I was sad to find my truck vandalised by the crew on the ship. After talking to the agents and drivers who drive the vehicles off the ship this is common with Grimaldi. Every ship that docks in Montevideo has half of the vehicles cleaned out. How can you be a caption of a ship and not take responsibility.
I purchased the 1980 Unimog in Tailand from a Holinder and shipped it to China then drove it to Europe via Mongolia etc. then get nailed by Grimaldi. 2/10 for your service Grimaldi. Don't you care?
I am now looking forward to my trip around South America.

Vicdickerson

Yes Charlie I am sure I am overreacting when they rip out the reversing camera screen which was bolted in. Yes I had removed everything that was loose. But they still made a mess ripping the dash apart. Grimaldi shipping are shockingly bad. I shipped the same truck fro Tailand to New Zealand and back to China without hassles.

Vicdickerson

Got my camper off the ship today. They broke Open the dash to rip out the video screen in the dash which was bolted in. This was done on the boat. Three of the campers were broken into on the ship on this trip. Grimaldi are useless. Don't care company.

Yes Charlie I am sure I am overreacting when they rip out the reversing camera screen which was bolted in. Yes I had removed everything that was loose. But they still made a mess ripping the dash apart. Grimaldi shipping are shockingly bad. I shipped the same truck fro Tailand to New Zealand and back to China without hassles.

I am very sincerely sorry for you; I have never (and won't) ship with Grimaldi. But your sarcasm is not really appreciated regarding an over 2 year old post! Did I tell you Grimaldi was OK??

Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior