Original 416 from your friendly Army.

en480c4

Observer
Oh, I didn't get it. Just tried to convince my father to buy it. But since he's not interested, I figured I'd share it here in case anyone else was up for it!

Maine07jk

Adventurer
It's already up to $485.00 and one day left. I went and looked at it today. It's in my town. It's in great shape with some surface rust. For a fee I can pick it up for someone! :smiley_drive:

eviele

:wings:
The $485 is me...I'm sure it won't last, but I'm enjoying the fact that I'm winning for the moment...
You guys are totally giving away all my secrets too. I almost bought that Bantam last weekend. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger was because of the M416 at auction listed in this post.
Had I never seen this post, I'd have the Bantam now.

If everything works as expected, someone will buy the rusty old Bantam and outbid me on the M416.
:mad:

Robert Bills

Explorer
There's a Bantam T3-C for sale just down the street. It looks to be pretty solid, with the exception of no floor at all. But while there is some spot rust and maybe a few very small perforations, it looks like a very solid base to start with. I don't know what these typically go for, but they're asking $300 for this one.

Based on the photos, its worth every bit of $300 even without a floor. Someone should buy it before it goes to some Bubba who will do a hack job on it.

en480c4

Observer
Based on the photos, its worth every bit of $300 even without a floor. Someone should buy it before it goes to some Bubba who will do a hack job on it.

That's why I figured I'd post it here... Once my father decided to pass, I figured it would have a decent chance at a new life if someone here was interested. It's definitely solid throughout. If I'd realized it was available 6 weeks ago, I'd have bought it instead of my M100 for sure.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
I wish I could. Unfortunately it's not gonna happen. I'm doing some renovations on my place, which as always, have cost more than expected, and am still trying to scrape together the funds to finish my M100... I tried to convince my father to buy it, having had some practice working on my M100 with me. But he knows as well as I do that these things always cost more than expected, and he doesn't really need it now. Especially knowing the reproduction floor from Greene's Panels would be about $240, and neither of us could weld it in.

Anyway, here are some pics if anyone wants to see them:

3BDC7B37-5C18-40CA-92FD-CDE130FB6D87-714-000000817F6D401F.jpg

1040E0BD-9F3D-48F6-825B-EEDF1FBEAA50-714-000000818F779441.jpg

FA9DA237-C752-4AEC-9BAD-1BD3926E7486-714-0000008197053B7A.jpg

The M35A1 is for sale, too. But at $3,000 I think they're dreaming...

I want every piece of iron in that photo... :( I passed a similar car lot in NY near Albany today, I was drooling over the IH at that one too.

eviele

So who won it????? ;)

I can't believe I won. My bid was $715 and it was a lark. Didn't think I'd win at all...
As a matter of fact I just bought a Fulton hitch yesterday to go on the Bantam that's in the images above. I had my heart set on that little Bantam. Met the owner last weekend. He's a great guy and I was convinced I'd be working on his trailer and not winning an M416.

If it hadn't been for this post I'd be a Bantam owner right now. Instead I'm a confused M416 owner...life is strange.

Anyway.
I'll pick up the trailer and start a build thread soon.
I gotta go get a pintle hook....

Maine07jk

Adventurer
Congrats!!! You got a heck of a deal!:wings: I have drooled over and touched that trailer for nearly a year now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94