Tire Pressure - M416

Kflash

Adventurer
What pressure should one run in the tubed 7.0 x 16 Tires of the the M416. Have the original style tires mounted with the tubes.

navigator

Adventurer
I think a lot depends on how much weight you are hauling and your terrain.
For highway use, you could use the chalk test to find the best pressure for optimal tire wear.
You can always let some air out to help soften the ride or if you feel the need when you offroad.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I think a lot depends on how much weight you are hauling and your terrain.
For highway use, you could use the chalk test to find the best pressure for optimal tire wear.
You can always let some air out to help soften the ride or if you feel the need when you offroad.

^this^

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Your trailer works just like your tow vehicle. It has less weight than the truck, so normally for serious off roading you will need to lower the tire preasure, normally less than you run in the truck, has worked well for me. I did Carvacre Trail will 18 pounds in the truck tires, 15 in the trailer tires. Absolutely no bouncing nor punctures. But each individual is different and each trailer works a little differently due to load distribution, balance. Just play around with what works best for you and your particular use of the trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online