I also posted this in Vehicles for Sale by Expo Members
I hate to do it, but it is time to sell my 2000 BMW R1200C.
This is a wonderful bike. Almost 6 years ago I flew into Boston and rode it home to Indiana.
But you’ve heard the story before, I just don’t have time to ride it. I am finishing up my doctoral dissertation, so the hope is in a year or so I can get another bike. That is just too long for this beauty to sit idle. I thought I would ride a lot this summer but I put on maybe 500 miles.
I am extremely open to trades. I have done extensive backpacking, but I am new to expedition travel. I basically need all the stuff to keep my wife comfortable. RTT, camping kitchen, fridge, etc. I also like guns, knives, and other dangerous toys. If you have a bunch of this stuff in good shape we might be able to make an even trade. Otherwise, I am looking for $6500 obo. I am not desperate to sell, but I am open to offers.
Newer battery and new brake pads. Bike runs perfectly and has no mechanical issues that I know of. It has always been well maintained. It never sleeps outside unless I am riding it on a trip.
• Excellent Condition, 18,250 miles
• Title is clear and in hand
• Reflexx Handlebars – these are custom bars. 500 total sets made. I am tempted to keep them in case I ever get another R1200c. They absolutely improved the handling of the bike. Original “ape hanger” bars are included.
• Heated handgrips
• Wiring for heated clothing. I use a heated vest.
• New battery ~500 miles.
• New brake pads ~ 500 miles
• Recent oil change ~500 miles
• Sport windscreen
• Foot boards instead of pegs. Original pegs are included.
• Billet fender spats
• Billet/chrome timing cover
• Windshields for your hands
• Throttle lock. Acts similar to a cruise control. Nice on long rides.
• Passenger seat acts as rider backrest. See the pictures to see it up and down.
• Hard luggage/ saddlebags. These are easily removable and can act as luggage. They have some minor scratches on the bottoms from being used.
• Engine guards
• Driving lights
• Tires are in good condition. Not brand new, but nowhere near needing replacement.
To my knowledge this motorcycle has never been wrecked/dropped/abused. I bought it used and have ridden it for 5+ years with zero problems.
I have used this bike for 5 years. Prior to this year it never sat longer than a few days at a time. I even ride in the winter when the roads are decent. That means that this bike will show signs of being used. I still think it is beautiful, and I think you will be happy with it.
The chrome on the wheels is not good. That is the only serious flaw I can think of with this bike. It is not from lack of care, the chrome wheels are notoriously bad on these. It looks decent in the pictures but there is serious pitting.
Also, in the spirit of full disclosure, there is frequently some slight oil residue on the kickstand. The oil level is never low, so it may just be some sort of blowback. It does not leave oil spots anywhere other than the kickstand. I have looked for a leak, but cannot find one.
Email me with any questions. Shipping is entirely the responsibility of the buyer. I can be available to help the shipper/buyer load the bike. I also have lots of riding gear we can negotiate separately if the buyer is interested.