Wheel Adapters

ENTRAIL

I need advice, information and maybe some shots in the dark. I have a M101A3 trailer and would like to take the 37s off and match my Jeep jk wheels, any info on companies that sell or make wheel adapters. THanx:smiley_drive:

Vince1

Adventurer
It's often less hassle to just order a new axle with the correct spacing and bolt pattern. About $120 and you are done with new bearings as well.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
It's often less hassle to just order a new axle with the correct spacing and bolt pattern. About $120 and you are done with new bearings as well.

My guess id you also lose a few hundred lbs as well. The original military axles are pretty overkill for what we (most of us anyway) use them for.

Shadow's Walker

If the axle on the M101 is stock it's probably an 8-lug. As the JK wheels are 5 lug you are unlikely to find a spacer to work. Therefore you will have to replace. A spacer is still needed based on how the spindle on trailer axles are made.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
The 101A2 uses a dexter axle.
You may be able to find replacement 5 bolt hubs that work.
Call a local trailer parts place.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
US wheel adapters is a great company. They made adapters for my trailer to go from JK hubs to LR3 wheels. They fit perfectly and ride great!

Also remember that the HWWVW wheels have significant back spacing and if you run spacers you will be pushing an already wide axle width even wider. You are likely better off getting a full trailer axle from your favorite source (abctrailers.com is one I always look at) with the correct width and bolt pattern. I'm sure you could find wheel spacers/adapters but the wheels will stick way out past the fenders, I would guess almost completely outside the fenders.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I would say to order a new axle with the spring perches and correct face to face width to work with the jeep wheels.
Are you useing the surge system? if not get electric brakes in the drums. The lunette weighs 52 pounds.

The A3 axle is sought after for its higher center section. it is heavy duty, but you would shed weight there too if swapped for a
new axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94