Interest in non LP water heater?

99runner

A friend of mine has been tossing around a few ideas for designing an on demand water heater that wont require bringing along a propane tank or a serious power inverter. Before he puts too much time and effort into trying his ideas he asked me to see how much interest there was for this kind of thing.
The basic concept is to have a water tank in the vehicle with a pump and using heat from the engine (he has a few different ideas on how best to do this) to provide hot water. He is going to do his best to make a universal kit.
If you have questions or ideas, I will pass them to him and get answers as quickly as i can.

99runner

thank you for the replies. he was thinking along the lines of the helton heat exchanger. I will pass those links and the ideas of the baffles to him. also going to dig for the shower thread and see what ideas i can find there.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I am seriously entertaining a Helton system. Anyone have one installed?

A bit biased but I do, both on my FJ40 Land Cruiser (nearly 10 years now) and my Tacoma. I started out as a inquisitive customer and quickly realized the potential thus started importing them to the states as their official US distributor. There are dozens of Helton install threads here on ExPo, I'll let them do the convincing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94