Civilian Class 3 Shoots

FellowTraveler

Explorer
How many of you travel intra/interstate to participate/spectator in/at civilian class 3 shoots or big shooting events like at Knob Creek?

sfsmedic

Adventurer
Do you mean like a 3 gun competition or USPSA IPSC and IDPA type matches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Negative. Class III weapons - full auto weapons; for example, an annual machine gun shoot that occurs at Knob Creek, KY. Very colorful.

This event is not very local to you. I always preferred the full auto shoots with my uncle's ammunition at Camp Pendleton, 29 Palms, or Ft Irwin, however, club membership is very arduous.

Yudda

Adventurer
I use to go every year for several years when I lived in the states.
I was a Class 3 SOT manufacturer back then.

Here I am with the flame thrower.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMInvh4PFGY&sns=em

I opted for the gelled gasoline vs the diesel option.
Those targets are 75 yards plus. A refrigerator and a washing machine.

Last edited:
I've never been to Knob Creek but I will once it's not half way across the Country. I've been to the Silencer shoot a few times at Ft.Benning. I couldn't afford to shoot full auto, but quiet is more fun for me. There's nothing like the ring of steel after only hearing the crack of the round. I'm waiting on my Badger rings for my new Vortex Razor 5-25. I'll post some pics on here when I get my rifle put back together. I moved my Leupold MK4 back over to my M1A.
d1f85c0c-1840-ebe8.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
however, club membership is very arduous.

LOl. that is an understatement :)

I have a fair amount of belt fed Browning .50cal experience at Pendleton, despite the fact that I was just a Navy guy. Never done it as a civilian though. I've seen videos of the Knob Creek event, looks pretty fun. The closest we get to that here in California is watching Top Shot on tv.

photoman

Explorer
LOl. that is an understatement :)

I have a fair amount of belt fed Browning .50cal experience at Pendleton, despite the fact that I was just a Navy guy. Never done it as a civilian though. I've seen videos of the Knob Creek event, looks pretty fun. The closest we get to that here in California is watching Top Shot on tv.

There is an event in AZ but I haven't been yet.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
I've never been to Knob Creek but I will once it's not half way across the Country. I've been to the Silencer shoot a few times at Ft.Benning. I couldn't afford to shoot full auto, but quiet is more fun for me. There's nothing like the ring of steel after only hearing the crack of the round. I'm waiting on my Badger rings for my new Vortex Razor 5-25. I'll post some pics on here when I get my rifle put back together. I moved my Leupold MK4 back over to my M1A.
d1f85c0c-1840-ebe8.jpg

Ah, the M1A perhaps the best all around tool (s) ever devised and in my inventory too.................:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles