High Amperage Forklift Quick disconnects, battery disconnect plug ends clarification

Truefire

Truefire
Hey guys, I need a quick disconnect plug end made with both male and female plug ends that accept 2 guage wire. I have located some of the type used in forklifts that might fit the bill. I can not find any information regarding the specifics, anywhere online regarding the male-to-female plugs. It appears there are millions of the male plug ends online and not one female plug end.....gotta hate that.

I have worked on some tow motors in the past performing some routine maintenance needed prior to using the lift. I recall from several lifts that these connectors do indeed have matching acceptors but do not recall any specifics regarding whether or not there was indeed a female plug end.

My thoughts are that the male plug ends are purchased in a pair and that perhaps the female port is built into the underside of the projection. Most of the photos never show the backside of the male plug end so I just 'Do Not Know',....;:REExeSwimmingHL: and simply put somewhat tired of searching.

can anyone advise?

Thanks, Chris

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Most forklift/snowplow connectors I have seen, are called 'Genderless connectors'

Meaning they fit together, there is no 'male end' or 'female end', they are designed so they fit into each other, regardless of where they are connected to.

Like These

These should work, unless you have need for a male/female set up, to prevent accidental hook up.

Intuit

Observer
Truefire,

With the particular connectors I believe you are speaking of, there is no male or female ends. They are the same. Here is a picture to better illustrate...

index.jpg

lcsodiver

Adventurer
Here is a good source, I have ordered many times from and they are some of the best prices I have seen for Anderson Power Pole connectors.

http://www.powerwerx.com/

I use the 30 amp connectors for all my solar and Ham radio gear. And I have built custom jumper cables that unplug at the front of the truck with the larger sizes. They are the same ones that warn uses on the winch disconnects.

Truefire

Truefire
Thanks guys for the help, exactly what i was needing to know. And the photos included within some posts are exactly the type/make I was looking at and am considering purchasing. I began to wonder after some research that apparently they were unisex connectors of the sort. One orients itself at 0 degrees and the other at 180 then, thanks a million guys. Chris

low277

Another source for Anderson connectors and other wiring components is Waytek Inc. in Chanhassen, MN.

msiminoff

I chose to mount a "liftgate" connector in my bed and the corresponding connector on an cable that connects to my TC. This connector is designed for 2ga. power cables and rated at 200A. It is wired directly to my passenger-side battery + & - posts.
The connectors are made by Philips.
Below are some pic's
Cheers
-Mark
umbilical1.jpg

umbilical2.jpg

umbilical3.jpg

umbilical4.jpg

Truefire

Truefire
I like that, cool I was not aware that they made those type of connectors for such high ampacity ratings. I have a 7 pole one installed in the rear of my truck bed to power tail lights, running lights, right and left turn and a large backup light switched in the cab.

I wish i would have known they made these type of connectors larger. Where did you purchase that one from if you do not mind me asking? And what is the correct name for them?

Thanks a lot, Chris

Wyowanderer

Explorer
I wish i would have known they made these type of connectors larger. Where did you purchase that one from if you do not mind me asking? And what is the correct name for them?

Thanks a lot, Chris

I've found similar ones at Ryder Fleet, Phillips part #'s 15-326 http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/r...earchCriteria=0&searchType=5&fullSentence=yes and 15-336 http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/r...earchCriteria=0&searchType=5&fullSentence=yes, but they are the 100A variety. I spoke with Lupe at Phillips and she told me that they did not make them in the 200A variety. She also didn't seem to know much about them, either. Grainger has the 200A socket here:http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SUREFLEX-Dual-Pole-Receptacle-5MGL9?Pid=search
The 100A plug uses 4g cable and I'm going to go with that as it is more than adequate for my needs.
Many thanks to the Chris and Mark for posting the thread and for replying with the excellent connector.

uriedog

metal melter
Yes thanks for posting this.

I just picked up a Phillips 200A socket and plug from Gregg's Distribution in Calgary. $38.00 for the set.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles