Comeup Winches

Box Rocket

Since I moved the 9.5s to my Tacoma (above photo) I needed a new one for the Land Cruiser. I picked up another Gen2 9.5rs this morning which was delivered in person by Ben from ComeUp. Awesome service. The winch is identical to the 9.5s that I've had that was moved to the Tacoma but the rs has the wireless remote. Hoping to have it installed in the next couple days. I continue to be impressed with the winches and the service from ComeUp. Good stuff.

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
I have the ComeUp 6000 lb winch on my truck that we are driving from London to Singapore starting next month. It is the best 6000 lb winch I could find, and the long drum allowed me to put 150' of synthetic line on it.

I did an uphill pull at the NW Overland Rally just to play around, 150' uphill, straight forward single line pull without stopping. It got hot but nothing to worry about. Granted it was not under a heavy load, but so far I am impressed with it.

Hopefully I won't need to use it on our trip, but if we do, I am confident in it. Realistically, I expect to use it mainly to pull other people out of ditches...

S1Christophe.jpg

texascrane

Adventurer
Since I moved the 9.5s to my Tacoma (above photo) I needed a new one for the Land Cruiser. I picked up another Gen2 9.5rs this morning which was delivered in person by Ben from ComeUp. Awesome service. The winch is identical to the 9.5s that I've had that was moved to the Tacoma but the rs has the wireless remote. Hoping to have it installed in the next couple days. I continue to be impressed with the winches and the service from ComeUp. Good stuff.

Hi,
Is the temp sensor wire (the one with the plug) coming from the control box on your 9.5rs quite a bit shorter than the other wires? It is on mine, which doesn't make sense to me given that they're all going to the same place more or less on the motor, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Right now, there's no way it will reach with the control box mounted like your Taco pic.

Box Rocket

Hi,
Is the temp sensor wire (the one with the plug) coming from the control box on your 9.5rs quite a bit shorter than the other wires? It is on mine, which doesn't make sense to me given that they're all going to the same place more or less on the motor, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Right now, there's no way it will reach with the control box mounted like your Taco pic.

Interesting you say that. The new 9.5rs that I just installed on my Cruiser did have a shorter temp sensor wire than the 9.5s that is now on the Tacoma. I didn't think much of it since I have the control box mounted over the motor using the supplied band clamps.

Box Rocket

installed the new ComeUp winch a few days ago since I moved the old one to the Tacoma. I grabbed a few detail photos.

This one is the SEAL 9.5rs (includes a wireless remote) vs the 9.5s that is on the Tacoma. Essentially the same winch but the 9.5s doesn't include the wireless remote.

hookup is very simple and straight forward with the help of color coded cables.

Still very impressed with the construction and the finish quality on these winches. Really nice stuff.

COMEUP

Supporting Sponsor - COMEUP Winches
Congratulations to the entire Force Gurkha team for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes in last week's Rain Forest Challenge India 2015. Of course, they all choose COMEUP Blazer winches. :ylsmoke:

(1) Force Motors (team 101): Tan Eng Joo/Alex Tan (GURKHA DIESEL): 2,163 pts,

(2) Force Motors (team 102): Mervyn Lim/Hamizan Abdul Hamid (GURKHA DIESEL): 2,095,

(3) Gerrari Offroaders Chandigarth (team 103): Kabir Waraich/Yuvraj Tiwana (MAHINDRA CJ38): 1,941,

Last edited:

TLC Norway

Again, comeup did great!
Videos will be up later.

60ba5ba6d17f1395c59986290dfc5ffc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

texascrane

Adventurer
Finally got around to installing my Seal Gen 2 9.5 RS on my 100-series with an ARB bull bar. Since it's a feet forward bumper, I was able to use my floor jack and a couple of blocks of wood to lift the winch up into place.

I did have to modify the ARB control box bracket (it was sized and drilled for a Warn). I chopped about an inch or so off the end and then drilled holes to match the mounting pattern. Shortening the bracket is specific to the LX470, as you need to get the box a bit more forward to avoid the grill as the hood opens and closes.

The only other issue I had was the too-short temp sensor wire mentioned in my previous post. I did a little bit of research and it turns out the connectors are a mini-Tamiya style. This is apparently really common in the RC world so I just went over to an RC hobby shop where they had exactly what I needed to make a little 12-inch patch cable. My guess is that if you ask nicely, most places would make you an extension cable while you wait.

Overall, I really like the winch. I obviously haven't had a chance to actually put it to hard use, but so far it seems well built and the wireless controller is pretty slick. While it's certainly not a "budget buy", I think it punches well above its weight in term of price-features.

I'll grab a few pictures tomorrow.

Also, I'll throw in a quick plug for Alpha Expedition, where I bought the winch. David is a class act and nice guy to boot.

Box Rocket

I'm sure I won't be the only there with a COMEUP winch but if anyone watching this thread is going to CruiserFest 2015 on Sept 11-12 I will be there manning the Tepui Tents vendor booth and you're more than welcome to come take a closer look at my Seal Gen2 9.5rs on my cruiser if you're waiting to see one of these in person.

COMEUP

Supporting Sponsor - COMEUP Winches
Congratulations to Ben Swain from Slee Off Road and the rest of the crew for their Dirt Riot Mountain Series Championship win!!! Amidst many challenges just to be ready for Dirt Riot Race #3 in Grand Junction, Co they came out with a victory and enough points to claim the Dirt Riot Championship. They've been running a ComeUp Winch on their Ultra4 race car. For a team that expects only the best and performs at the top of their game, COMEUP is pleased to be a part of their great setup. Congrats again for the win !!! Slee Off-Road

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
I just unboxed my dual Walrus 16.5 12 volt winches! These things are massive! Im installing them on my MB 917 camper, front and rear. And of course im pairing them with Factor 55 Prolink XXL's.

The Walrus series is waterproof and can be operated while submerged in 3 feet of water. I bought the 12 volt but it also comes in 24. The winch comes standard with fully waterproof controller connector and wire tensioner. I should have these installed in a couple of weeks.

2015-08-30_12-39-05 by casejeep, on Flickr

2015-08-30_12-39-41 by casejeep, on Flickr

2015-08-30_12-38-49 by casejeep, on Flickr

2015-08-30_12-38-37 by casejeep, on Flickr

2015-08-30_12-38-27 by casejeep, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier