Comeup Winches

Soonerfan85

Kind of late to the party, but here's my 2 cents worth.

I've been running the Comeup Seal DS 9.5i on my Jeep for over a year now with just one hiccup. More on that later. On several occasions I've used it to pull full size trucks out of the nasty Arkansas mud. It also came in handy pulling up all of our overgrown shrubs when we replaced our landscaping. Winches aren't just for vehicle recovery. :Wow1:

Before I bought the Seal, I did as much research on Comeup as was possible. They've been making heavy duty commercial/marine winches for nearly 40 years. As those who have tried researching these winches already know, until recently there were few reviews and very little information available online. I did find an article "Battle Of The Winches" in Australian 4WD Action magazine from several years ago ( http://twistim.com/KINGONE lier test.pdf ) that tested the Comeup winch, sold under the name Premier in Australia, against several similar winches. The Comeup finished 2nd. No, Warn didn't take 1st place (finished 3rd), primarily due to it costing nearly $1,000 more than the next most expensive winch. I was able to purchase my Seal 9.5 direct from Comeup on Amazon for under $500. I believe they are now around $700. Because of the winch design, installation was a breeze. I've since replaced the wire cable with Amsteel synthetic line from CustomSplice. I'm very pleased with the performance and value of the Comeup Seal winch. If my life truly depended on my winch, I might consider spending the $1,500 to $2,000 it costs for a top shelf Warn or Ramsey. Like the majority of folks that buy a winch, I was looking for the best bang for my hard earned buck, so spending that kind of money for something that I'd use maybe half a dozen times a year just doesn't make good sense.

The one problem I had was the pin connectors where the controller cable plugs into the winch got damaged while trying to connect the cable to the winch in the dark, so the cable no longer made a good connection. Teenagers pick the worst times to get stuck! Anyway, I contacted Comeup USA CS and they sent me a replacement connection (yea for lifetime warranties) and attached wiring harness. I could have mailed the winch back to Comeup on their dime but agreed to just do the repair myself. I did have to disassemble more of the winch than I'd anticipated in order to replace the wiring harness, and let me just say this is a heavy duty winch. Also included with the new parts were a tree saver and tow strap, for my inconvenience per the Comeup CS rep.

BTW, like Box Rocket's Seal winch, mine says Made In Taiwan, not China.

Fits like it was made for my bumper
Comeup%20winch%20front_zpsva3dk3ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Comeup%20winch%20side_zps1dbib4p7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Pulled the trigger

Purchased a Seal gen 2 RS from NorthRidge 4x4 after going back and fourth between ComeUp and one other manufacturer. Will post pictures immediate after install.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I'm currently fitting the Comeup 16.5rs to my Ford F250. My ARB bumper is making the fitment interesting, but it's going to be well worth the effort. I'll post up a thread once it's complete in case anyone else wants to do the same thing. I really like the design of the Comeup winches as well as the remote, I'm a big fan of either being in the drivers seat while winching, or being well away from the action.

COMEUP

Supporting Sponsor - COMEUP Winches
For anyone in the Utah area on April 9 there is an event called the Utah Toyota Offroad Show. It's hosted by a few Toyota groups but I'm sure it's not limited to Toyota only vehicles. One of our great new Dealers, Expedition One will be one of the vendors at the show and they should have COMEUP winches on display. If you're in the area, stop by Tony Devino Toyota and check us out. Info can be found on the events FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/events/130630103994294

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz