any thoughts on the bfg commercial traction tires?

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I like mine so fat Tall thin and good traction in the snow and ice last year.
I run them on steelies in the winter "what we have of a winter in Pittsburgh"
They run quiet and grip well. 235-85-16

Attachments

• DSC05944.JPG
    DSC05944.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC05943.JPG
    DSC05943.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC05945.JPG
    DSC05945.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC05942.JPG
    DSC05942.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 18

jronwood

Adventurer
I used to run those ALOT. I had them n 3/4 tons and loved them. then a half ton, I think the half ton was too light and they wore funny. I like them (for a 16" tire) I run all 19.5's for my F350 and 550. Mostly road driving.

Jronwood

BillTex

Adventurer
Commercial Traction TA's

I have been running them for 1 year now on heavily loaded 3/4 ton with TC in bed (3000#). So far;
* they handle the load well
* I can't comment on winter as we had no winter last year!
* I can't comment on wear as they only have ~14k on them. (Truck is not a DD...mostly used for adventures...)

They seem to be wearing around the edges...which I don't understand as the tires are often run at max psi due to heavy load?
When I don't have the camper loaded I reduce psi to 50 fr/rr...so the tires see a variety of psi...most of the miles at max psi...which is why I am so confused by the edge rounding. I would expect more wear in the center at max psi?

Notes; tires are rotated, and there seems to be no difference in this wear pattern fr/rr...
Alignment is good/no wobble/no vibration. No other signs of anything out of whack...
I did not see this edge rounding with the OEM Michelens that were on previously.

Maybe the wear patter will even out across the tread over time...but I am keeping an eye on it.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles