Got another one. 2003 Dodge 3500 QCSB

huntsonora

Explorer
Bought a 2003 Dodge Crew Cab short bed truck today. It has the 5.9 liter Cummins and the NV5600 6 speed transmission. Its a truck I have been looking for for quite some time. I wanted the 03 or early 04 and I had to have the 6 speed manual transmission. Anyway, I saw this link on CL and wasn't that worried about the miles but still wasn't expecting much as a lot of these trucks have either been beat to death or neglected. This truck was neither, in fact, it has been meticulously maintained. Here is the link to the ad, I dont know how much longer it will be up but it will have to do until I can get some pictures up

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3206140859.html
For Sale: 2003 Dodge Ram 3500(Single Rear Wheel) Quad Cab Short Box SLT 4x4
Excellent Condition!
High Output 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel
6 Speed manual transmission (NV5600)
Original owner
177k miles
Newer tires
Aluminum wheels
Tow package
3.73 Gear Ratio
Power windows, Power mirrors, Power seat
Trailer Brake
Overhead computer
Tinted windows
Plus much more

Please email for more information. Thanks!

When he said "plus much more" I wasn't expecting what I found. I took it up to the fire station for training tonight an our FD mechanic is a Dodge nut and he crawled underneath and poked around just about everywhere for close to 30 minutes and when he popped up he looked me square in the eyes and said "I hate you". It was beautiful! Here is a list of what he found...

Brand new Bilsteins on all 4 corners
New brakes on a 4 corners
Upgraded front end including ball joints, tie rod ends, trac bar, steering box brace etc
Airdog fuel system
Pac Brake engine brake with onboard compressor
Rear airbags
Mag Hytec rear diff cover
External transmission filter with extra filter
Extra Oil and Fuel filters
Extra belt and hoses
Smarty tuner
Gauges (boost, EGT and fuel pressure)
Dodge service manuals for Dodge Ram
Toyo Open Country AT tires with 7k on them(rotated twice already)
Maintenance log that basically has every lube, oil and filter change documented as well as all mechanical issues that were dealt with along with notes for EVERYTHING.

It was SHOCKING how much was already done to this truck! Amsoil front to rear with the exception to the motor which has had Valvoline Premium Blue since the day it was bought. I also have the window sticker which is cool and this was a one owner truck.

This truck has been LOVED but not babied. He towed with it but thats good IMO. It was just a medium sized camper. Today when I met him at the bank to do the deal he brought his family and they all looked sad that the truck was changing owners. I actually took a couple of family pictures with them with the truck and he and his wife both had tears in their eyes as we were saying our goodbyes. His wife said that this truck was their first big purchase and that it took their family everywhere. It was pretty cool to see how much they loved this vehicle and I know this sounds corny but I feel a sense of responsibility to keep this truck in the best shape possible. I am a maintanence freak as well so that wont be a problem

Anyway, I'll get pictures up soon

HS

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Allow me to be the first to congratulate on the find D! It sounded like a great deal when we talked on friday, but now getting a chance to read the list of extras I am thinking it is an awesome find! If it were a long box I would be super jealous, instead of just really jealous. Enjoy the truck!

Looking forward to the pics:)

my1stcummins

Adventurer
Awesome find. That sounds like quite a well equipped rig. I would recommend upgraded ball joints and a steering box brace. These are some of my favorite mods as well as the recent free spin kit for locking front hubs. Huge front end improvement.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94