What are you guys using for interior/exterior lighting at camp?

basicfish

Observer
GoalZero

We have been using a GoalZero escape 150 and 2 light a lifes, they put out a nice not harsh light. And they are not near as hot a coleman lantern, summers here in Texas are a bit warm.

ron

loup407

Adventurer
I use two ARB "adventure lights" (their name, not mine) plugged into 12 volt ports on my Horizon. I hang them from either side of the awning.
We use a Snow Peak lantern inside the tent. I don't recall the name, it's not quite the size of a baseball. Throws plenty of light and runs on a couple of AA batteries.
I have an ancient Coleman lantern, but messing with mantles, fuel, etc., became too much or a chore.

kraqus

Norcalwood
I hang one of these inside the Tent,
Battery powered LED.......plenty of lighting:

Outside I have always used the Old propane lamps.
I used one attached to my propane Tree bar by the Kitchen and another which is Mobile.......

Benny

Woods

Explorer
For outdoor, I use a propane distribution tree with a Coleman Compact Propane Lantern. The lantern is VERY small with only one mantle. I plug my stove and water heater into the tree and the tank sit on a fender. It doesn't put out as much light as the dual mantle lights but is much brighter than most LED solutions.

I started with a Campchef dist. tree. One of the connection points started leaking. The replaced it no questions but now my second one is leaking. Am going to try a different maker. Caveat #2, when you first turn on the gas and go to light the lantern, you have to let the gas run for a few seconds (maybe 20) to let the gas get to the lantern. After it's been primed (for lack of a better word) it works perfectly.

I leave the lantern attached to the pole all the time.

Lantern:
_lm101113-garmin-compact-lantern-compact-propane-lantern-1.jpg

Similar setup:
366074712_491c6229cc.jpg

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
I have tried a couple of LED's and not really happy with the light distribution. I am glad to see the listing of diffferent brands to try.

Currently I use two 12 volt florescent lights in the rear, 18 watt and one in side. I have 12 volt RV lights for the outside. I have not had any battery problems with these, but if I use the outside ones it draws quite a bit. I run the solar panel during the day to charge the battery.

So far I prefer the florescent over the LED's I have found. Plenty bright, just not enough coverage. Will look into those mentioned.

Bob
www.aspenXtrails.com

arizdoug

We use solar LED walkway lights around the edge of camp. Low level lighting so don't you trip or walk into things, but still able to see the stars.

4x4x4doors

Explorer
We use solar LED walkway lights around the edge of camp. Low level lighting so don't you trip or walk into things, but still able to see the stars.

Last time I went out, someone in our group had these as well. Worked great for low-level lighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier