WKexpedition's Build/Adventure Thread

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Those are going to look great!! Can't wait to see them mounted. What load rating did you go with? Sounds like you already found a company for your spacers. But if not, I highly recommend B.O.R.A spacers. I have been very happy with mine!!

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Decided to wrap the top portion of my steering wheel with 550 paracord. Great little change up for a worn steering wheel. Gives it more grip, and now I have about 20 feet of paracord if I should ever need it.

14F1422D-9DB9-45B6-A1F2-7F64E512AAE9.jpg

ED4202F8-5BF6-43C8-8196-07DE5F201853.jpg

Last edited:

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
This is a fun build to read. In fact, I just read the whole thing! Good job and keep it coming.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Thanks a lot guys!! It's getting there.

So with tax returns I decided to order some 4600 hd struts and new spring isolators.

Also just had a birthday and my wonderful wife took the time to research some air compressors, knowing that I was looking. Ended up getting me a viair 300p an ARB EZ deflator and a tire patch kit. She is so awesome!! Can't wait to try out the compressor and get the struts installed.
2C623EEB-9B10-4A1A-A64E-6FF6BBD70F8B.jpg

64788820-D307-446C-A981-EF5A3775830F.jpg

4C839FEE-543C-402D-BED7-B21906F4A846.jpg

03A73CC8-20D2-4976-84AD-48C287DEFA7F.jpg

0B4800A1-4191-4E31-B0D6-24834581F3D1.jpg

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Hey guys so finally have some updates and pics!!

So this has been the summer of suspension for the wk. I purchased RRO upper control arms, OME HD springs, bilstein 4600 struts and 5125 rear shocks, front and rear crown automotive spring isolators, and sway bar bushings and end links. After getting it installed and getting it aligned, all I can say is what an amazing ride. I love my wk again!! I was seriously considering selling the wk if these parts did not make it ride better. The ride is now extremely solid, dead silent, and very smooth.

So long story short I took the wk for a shake down run with the new parts. Went for about a 300 mile drive to do some wheeling at my grandparents farm in Akron Colorado. Not very technical but very rutted and bumpy. The suspension was amazing!! Glad I decided to invest in a trusted and true suspension lift!!

By the way I did loose about a half inch front and rear with the new set-up but honestly ground clearance is not as important as ride comfort for me.

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
I know you posted this an age ago but I'm looking at setting up my wk to sleep in if needed and was wondering about your set up.

What mats you ended up using?
Was there one or two of you in there?
And lastly, how tall are you? It doesn't look like you folded the front seats forward at all.

Thanks,
HB

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Thanks trailridden!

Heifer, I am bit under 6ft and my wife and I sleep in the wk regularly. We find that sleeping feet towards the seats, and with the seats moved up is quite comfortable. We are currently just using sleeping bags and blankets for padding, but have started researching camping pads that will work for both car and tent camping.

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
I'm just on 6 foot so I'll have to climb in the back with the handbrake one day and try it on for size. I never thought of sleeping feet forward. My seats don't fold very flat so I'd have to try that out.

Thanks for the ideas and great build and travel photos.

paroxysym

Adventurer
i asked over on JF, but I was wondering- did you run any extra isolators in the rear to get it level on both sides? ive read ona couple other HD installs that the drivers side rear required a couple extra isolators to level it out with the rear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior