frontrunner rack...how to mount awning and rtt?

Ramjet

Explorer
Ok. Just got my brackets from Rhino Rack. Let me say this. They are beefy. They fit perfect and should last a lifetime.

It was the Tracklander Fit Kit Part# 31104. Comes with two mounting options. You could use it for several different types of roof racks as well. Lots of optional holes drilled for different applications as far mounting it to the roof rack. It mounts from the underside of the rack. There are only two holes drilled for the Foxwing awning though. You might have to drill holes for your particular application.

P3220931.jpg

P3220932.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
Could those be mounted on top as well by flipping the bracket? Just thinking of some ideas.

It won't work due to the fact that the edge on the top is much higher than the bottom. Rhino makes more awning mounts, but they all attach to the bottom of the rack.

@Ramjet

Love the install. I just ordered these brackets off Amazon Prime since I do not pay for shipping here in Hawaii (Gets expensive). I am putting an ARB Awning on but have considered the Foxwing/Batwing style awnings as well. How do you like yours? Any rattling with these mounts under the FR rack? How is the awning after some use, wear, issues, tears, etc...?

Thanks in advance,

E

Here are a couple of close ups with the awning mounted.

View attachment 153077

View attachment 153078

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Ok. Just got my brackets from Rhino Rack. Let me say this. They are beefy. They fit perfect and should last a lifetime.

It was the Tracklander Fit Kit Part# 31104. Comes with two mounting options. You could use it for several different types of roof racks as well. Lots of optional holes drilled for different applications as far mounting it to the roof rack. It mounts from the underside of the rack. There are only two holes drilled for the Foxwing awning though. You might have to drill holes for your particular application.

View attachment 151255

View attachment 151256

Has anybody used these mounts to install a hannibal awning on a front runner rack?

I have a 2M hannibal that I want to mount on my full length rack on my 80. However the rack isn't quite long enough to just bolt the awning up so I need an adapter. This looks like a good solution, just looking for real world feedback. My concern is that the free standing hannibal awning may put too much stress on the rack with these mounts. Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier